FEEDBACK Cmon Folks!!! Wheres all the people? Just a year ago this site..

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
I was a member back in Mar, 2014 and it was busy. lots of active postings and now? its almost like a ghost town.. where have all the good times gone? Is this just due to the new format and cross posts not showing from google when it was switched? I know alot of pics didnt sync so a lot of dead links but this site still had plenty of good useful info for those with older and newer GMT...
Lets get it back! I missed you guys and now have something in common again...

Reactions: Robbabob

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
We're still here. But everyone is significantly more busy it seems. We are still here!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Age of the platform. People moving on. Many of the younger members don't hang out and only want instant gratification(answers) to their questions that have been answered before. Facebook giving answers to questions that would have spawned forum members and traffic previously.

Hell as it is the site has a chance of not being able to survive its own bills with membership and donations down while costs went up.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I just donated today and signed up for my membership a few days ago. I hope we can all come together and keep gmtnation alive. The info on here is priceless. I plan on keeping my voy till the wheels fall off or till some idiot totals it (god help them).

Just a few months ago this place was pretty busy but like HardTrailz said we are an older platform. That and the holiday are here so visitors/members have bigger fish to fry.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I get annoyed at the facebook style of troubleshooting because it always gets buried. Wish more people would remember the forums are here.

I do know I've personally gotten a lot busier, plus even though I have a full size I don't have a lot of time/money to throw at it right now.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Unfortunately we are being beaten by "that other site" in Google searches. Search for anything related to GMT360/370 and TV is always on top.

Foe the full sized crowd, there are already several other established forums so we ate late to that game.

I have noticed the drop even before the the software change. Some new members stay but they are few and far between. Like DJ said, the majority are just operators wanting go get their truck fixed, probably to sell them.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
its almost like a ghost town.. where have all the good times gone?

Been to the OS lately? That's a ghost town. Like others have mentioned, our platform is reaching 13+ years old from its debut in 2002. There is so much info/threads out there that if you know how to properly search, you likely will not need to start another thread. Google always bringing up the OS first does not help either.

Sometimes people get busy, their GMTs are running great, or not doing any mods, so they have no need to visit the site. Here lately, there are only a handful of members that visit the site daily and most have posted in this thread already. You know how it is, you have not been around a few months this year.

I have noticed the GMTN FB page and the Trailblazer fan FB page gets a lot of traffic with basic questions of what bulbs go into the fog light to technical questions. I think FB takes away from the site because you can post a question and hundreds of people will see the post relatively quickly, BUT after a couple days the info is lost. Funny part is that on the GMTN FB page, when you tell someone to go to the forum, they ask, "What forum" :no:

If you love this site, definitely think about purchasing a membership or making a donation, anything will help :thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Unfortunately the new TB/Envoy does not necessarily mean more traffic for us. There are a few other forums that cater to multiple GMT platforms, I have brought a few things from them here and cross posted to try and help our forum. Those other forums have slowed down as well, so we are not alone.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm here daily, keep in mind the new release of the 2016/17 TB/Envoy coming out this this spring or later as per GM Insider news, once this happens things should pick up, share the news and forum.

They are?

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I'm here daily, keep in mind the new release of the 2016/17 TB/Envoy coming out this this spring or later as per GM Insider news, once this happens things should pick up, share the news and forum.

They are?

Apparently they are but no exact release date yet, pics look good.

I think i saw the same story about it. Googled 2016 US envoy or trailblazer and it brings up several websites with articles that claim there will be a US release in 2016 or 2017. The text and grammar mistakes on all of the websites are similar if not identical. None of them are mainstream websites that i have head of before. Such as car and driver or motor week. Personally i do not think it will happen.

smokey262

Sep 15, 2013
Hell as it is the site has a chance of not being able to survive its own bills with membership and donations down while costs went up.

Is listing the actual cost to run the site considered privledged information? I have not re-upped yet, but I am curious...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Is listing the actual cost to run the site considered privledged information? I have not re-upped yet, but I am curious...

I believe the the financial needs, and our progress towards hitting those marks, are listed on the donation campaign page. :coffee:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Unfortunately the new TB/Envoy does not necessarily mean more traffic for us. There are a few other forums that cater to multiple GMT platforms, I have brought a few things from them here and cross posted to try and help our forum. Those other forums have slowed down as well, so we are not alone.
If they do decide to bring it back and it just so happens to have the I6, we do have an upper hand being as we already have a wealth of knowledge on the subject. I don't really think anyone would try to swoop in and cover a re-release of a platform that already has it's own dedicated site, especially if it takes off like the original platform. Just my :twocents:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm here daily but with a new job and little time to visit/interact.

Doubt the alleged new TB/EV's would use an i6. From what I see, GM's come mainly with v8's or i4's. Few v6's and no i6's.

Even if it did come with the almighty i6, we would be very behind and out of date in our knowledge base due to another redesign of said motor. We'd learn quickly though if we all upgraded to the new model.

Reactions: Redbeard

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
if groups of members were to get together

:ugh: I have a hard enough time getting members I already know to do this part... :raspberry:

do a kind of GMT Nation Youtube Restaurant Dinner Interview

... I think if I proposed this, I'd likely get even less responses than usual, and area noobs would probably hide from me. :hopeless:

It's a great idea though, I know we would get decent amount of attention when we had decent sized meets. One day we had an impromptu meet for lunch at the QSL near you, and the manager came out to talk to us about the forum, after he noticed a bunch of similar model trucks starting to gather in an empty part of the parking lot. :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm here daily but with a new job and little time to visit/interact.

Doubt the alleged new TB/EV's would use an i6. From what I see, GM's come mainly with v8's or i4's. Few v6's and no i6's.

Even if it did come with the almighty i6, we would be very behind and out of date in our knowledge base due to another redesign of said motor. We'd learn quickly though if we all upgraded to the new model.

A new TB with the new 4.3L V6 would be pretty darn awesome tho.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
4.3 is still one of my favorite motors. The tried n true 350 with a couple cyl lopped off.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah but it made nowhere near the power of the 4.2 I6. But I do love the power from my 5.3 V8 in the 9-7x.

It is possible that forums in general are on their way out, just like its predecessor the bulletin boards. It too might just become a repository of ancient info.

smt 59

I did read that the SS will come with a 6.0 litre V8 with 345 HP and other than that the V6 will be the norm as well there is talk of a Duramax diesel option, I'm liking the SS. The I6 is one of Wards top ten best engines in the world but it looks like it may become another one of GM's archived engines(too bad).

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I did read that the SS will come with a 6.0 litre V8 with 345 HP and other than that the V6 will be the norm as well there is talk of a Duramax diesel option, I'm liking the SS. The I6 is one of Wards top ten best engines in the world but it looks like it may become another one of GM's archived engines(too bad).

The plant where the i6 was produced was shut down long ago.....

smt 59

The plant where the i6 was produced was shut down long ago.....
yes I think it was in in south Ohio wasn't it?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Cool, I have the made at sticker on my door jam from there, I thought the engine was manufactured at a different location.

That is probably true. The 360 was assembled at the Moraine plant. Not sure if the powertrain facility was under the same roof or close to it.

Most manufacturers have a powertrain plant and then the assembly plant. Just like here at Volvo we produce the powertrain and then ship to the truck plant for assembly.

**Edit**

Wikipedia tells me, "The I6 Atlas engines were produced at the Flint Engine South plant in Flint, Michigan, while the I4 and I5 versions were produced at the Tonawanda Engine plant in Tonawanda, New York, near Buffalo. With the closing of the Moraine, Ohio plant and the termination of the GMT360 platform (Chevrolet TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy, etc.) the production of the LL8 was also terminated."

Last edited:

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Haven't heard anything about a new tb/voy. I have seen other market tb's that look like an Equinox-ish unibody cuv. I doubt we'll ever see a true truck based rwd midsize SUV. Probably just a rebadging of the Equinox/Terrain. Or their replacements. Undoubtedly powered by a 4cyl turbo, and the 3.6L v6. Front drive biased awd as opposed to rwd/4wd/awd. I think the only true truck based rwd suv left is the now hideous 4Runner. Think the genre is pretty much dead.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Wasn't the I5 and I4 just the i6 with cylinders lopped off? I couldn't imagine it would be that hard to retool for the reproduction of it. But it's probably never happening so yea. The duramax would be a sweet option though.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Still around about once a week. Got a new job in late July and can't get on this site there. Hate to not contribute and hang out with the fellas like I used to.

When I need something, I just do my Google search and get my answers. I usually post about it though :whisptersecret:

smt 59

Haven't heard anything about a new tb/voy. I have seen other market tb's that look like an Equinox-ish unibody cuv. I doubt we'll ever see a true truck based rwd midsize SUV. Probably just a rebadging of the Equinox/Terrain. Or their replacements. Undoubtedly powered by a 4cyl turbo, and the 3.6L v6. Front drive biased awd as opposed to rwd/4wd/awd. I think the only true truck based rwd suv left is the now hideous 4Runner. Think the genre is pretty much dead.
See the link that Harpo posted, it is body on frame same as the Colorado or Canyon with the V6 or if SS then V8, or even a diesel option, nothing wrong with the new look of the chevy's front end.....Changes

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Still around, been busy as hell as of late with security work...now that has slowed down a lot. More then likely going to try to get my old GMT400 out of the mothballs come spring. So i will probably be trying to add more Tech to the fullsize areas.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I have been busy lately, but the slow down is largely due to moving the "whoring/game" threads (a lot of them) to paying membership area to keep the visitors and tech people from being bothered by the clutter. A lot of people would not buy a membership and left, or just come on when they need help with their vehicle. And also several people have sold their GMT and no longer need us.....

JerryIrons

Dec 20, 2011
I'm still here, haven't logged on in a while due to a really crappy year, but it's ending on a good note. Just did some minor maintenance to my 06 and thought I would check in to the forums, realized I hadn't visited in a while. I have a friend who has a brother who is a engineer for gm, I'll see what I can find out. Discontinuing the trailblazer has to be in the top 5 of gm's dumbest ideas. I'll visit the donator section as well.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Glad to see a few more poking back around.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online