Cigars

v7guy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Any Cigar smokers in this joint?

I'm a fairly regular cigar smoker. At least every other day or so I light one up. Anybody else here enjoy a cigar after a long day?

I liked the MX2 for years until the last couple years. The quality at CAO has appeared to be in a drastic decline.

I tend to prefer Maduros and a bigger ring gauge. I've just recently been buying from cigars international and they have some pretty decent offerings at a low price.

My current favorites are Alec Bradley MAXX, Reposado '96 maduro and I've taken a real serious liking to 5Vegas A maduro. They all have a firm to light pull, lots of flavor, and they burn evenly.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I smoke when I play golf...which won't be for a while now. But I also use CI, can't beat the prices.

I like a mild cigar, at the moment CuAvana is my favourite, but I also like 5 Vegas Gold and when I want to lash out I get Romeo y Julietta Vintage #4 and Macanudos (sp?).

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Macanudos are my go to cigar. I have tried hundreds, some good, some not so good. I get frustrated with variations in quality of what should be the same cigar. I always end up back at the Macanudo. When i started smoking cigars, long long ago, it was Romeo y Juleitta.

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 for the win. Perfect ring size and length.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
This is a good thread. I like cigars but have always kind of picked them out at random because I knew nothing about them. This gives me some good ideas of which ones to try! Thanks!

Also- I am SHOCKED none of the youngsters have chimed in about black and milds :what:

v7guy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
willn513 said:
Also- I am SHOCKED none of the youngsters have chimed in about black and milds :what:

C'mon now, please don't go there, you don't want those guys coming in here do you? lol

these Reposado '96 have been a very solid smoke. I usually spend a couple bucks more for a similar quality cigar. For the less frequent smokers they also come in a Connecticut and a Habano wrapper. If a new smoker took it easy on a Connecticut wrapper I think they would be ok without getting to much nicotine. At $3 a stick they aren't unreasonable since you can get a 5 pack.

I've also been smoking Rocky Patels "the Edge" for a couple years now, it's been very consistent. It comes in a maduro and a Connecticut wrapper. So whatever your preference he has a nice stick.

6 years ago when I just started smoking I loved Helix, and Baccarat. They aren't premium smokes by any stretch, but they are decent and I still grab one occasionally just for nostalgia. Sometimes nothing brings back familiar memories like a perfect drink or an old smoke.

I've been using Xikars cutters and lighters and they've been fantastic. It took 4 years for my lighter to have issues (I would have to strike 4 or 5 times for it to light) and Xikar replaced it without question. I would recommend them to anyone just because of their customer service. I buy their items every time I'm looking for a product they sale.

I'm looking for more recommendations guys! I smoke mostly maduros, but I really appreciate a lighter smoke too.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
v7guy said:
C'mon now, please don't go there, you don't want those guys coming in here do you? lol

these Reposado '96 have been a very solid smoke. I usually spend a couple bucks more for a similar quality cigar. For the less frequent smokers they also come in a Connecticut and a Habano wrapper. If a new smoker took it easy on a Connecticut wrapper I think they would be ok without getting to much nicotine. At $3 a stick they aren't unreasonable since you can get a 5 pack.

I've also been smoking Rocky Patels "the Edge" for a couple years now, it's been very consistent. It comes in a maduro and a Connecticut wrapper. So whatever your preference he has a nice stick.

6 years ago when I just started smoking I loved Helix, and Baccarat. They aren't premium smokes by any stretch, but they are decent and I still grab one occasionally just for nostalgia. Sometimes nothing brings back familiar memories like a perfect drink or an old smoke.

I smoked Helix years ago when I was in the Navy and deployed. I picked up a box of Romeo y Julietta in Spain... wow... totally different cigar when bought outside the US. Anyway, we smoked all of those and the only cigars anybody had left were Helix. Not a bad cigar by any means, just wasn't a favorite. Of course at that point I fit into the "beggars can't be choosers" category.:biggrin:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
What, swisher sweets aren't a premo cigar? If I smoke a cigar, it's a swisher.

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
I prefer Gurkha, Graycliff and Acids, to name a few.:thumbsup: I smoked an awesome Graycilff Chateau Gran Cru this weekend, and it will be on my list again.

JCJARHEAD

Dec 7, 2011
Me too on the Acids! I particularly like the Kuba...I dont golf as much as I used to...but that was my go to smoke...

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
Meet me at the border for some :biggrin:

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2309-1.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I am also a maduro and larger ring cigar smoker. My go to cigar is a Onyx Reserve, but an not afraid to try anything.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

v7guy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I used to pick up the Onyx quite often, not really sure why i stopped. It was always an enjoyable smoke. Do you have any others you pick up regularly?

I think tonight I'm going to sit down with a Diesel Unlimited.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I smoke these like a BOSS...

black%20mild%20wine%20tips.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Whoa, there is nothing wrong with a Black and Mild, as long as it is wood tip, and all other resources are exhausted.

I prefer the Acid brand, I haven't had a good one in a while though. Really sucks only places to get cigars from are liquor stores, there is a cigar shop but it's a good hour drive. We have a bar over here "the Tiki Bar", and they have a little cigar shop, nice selection I got one from and cannot remember the name, but it was chocolate truffle flavor. It was very good tasting.

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
buying cigars is the first thing i do when we land for vacation. If they arent selling them in the airport, the hotels usually "have a guy". Some hotels i have stayed at actually have walk in humidors, which is nice. Buy what i need for the rest of vacation, light 'em up, grab a cervasa and get my pale white a$$ in the ocean. :wootwoot:

Taz6056

Dec 21, 2011
I'm also a bigger ring(60) and Maduro fan. I order from CI, my usual order includes the 6 x 60 big ring sampler which is all Rocky Patel cigars. But my current go to smoke is slightly smaller, Perdomo's Lot 23. At 26 years old I'm in the younger smoking demographic here but wouldn't ever waste my time with a black and mild, or swisher sweet.

Marc.

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
Young gun. Just getting into cigars- they are a great social tool with the guys. Started frequenting the Cigar Bar and cigar shops around town when I'm home. Favorites have been Romeo and Julietta Churchill, Rocky Patel, Don Tomas, Arturo Fuente. Anything that comes from a humidor, and I try to try new brands, looking for recommendations. Scratching the surface, still smoking milds, open to anything.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
We finally have some decent places to buy cigars. Ordering online still seems to be easiest way to get them fresh and cheap.

I find my self buying flavored ones (not the cheap liquor store ones), ones like CAO, Drews Estate, and Dominican ones. Always been like that a milder sweet flavor, I do like heavier cigars too but buy them less often and more usually the summer when I can sit on the deck and enjoy it with a nice drink.

Next time I place an order I will/post up some pics of the humidor. Its a little lonely right now especially right after New Years and Christmas.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online