FOR SALE Chevrolet Colorado FOR SALE, Factory V8

Rockrz

Original poster
May 22, 2022
Country Town
2009 Chevrolet Colorado 2WD Ext Cab LT, 5.3L V8, Auto with ZQ8 Suspension

$20,000 Asking Price, or Best Offer (Located in the Austin Texas area)
(some extras offered only included with asking price)

Full description with lots of pics can be seen online at:
https://www.pobsystems.com/colorado/index.html

Auto Trader AD can be seen at:
Autotrader

Vehicle Details

I'm the 2nd owner of this truck. I bought it in 2014 with 6427 miles on it and it has been babied ever since. The truck stays in my air conditioned garage and all the normal maintenance work has been kept up so there's nothing that needs to be done with the truck at all. The odometer just passed 56k and I drive it a couple times a week so there won't be too many more miles put on it (I have 2 other pickups, and one of them is my daily driver I put all the miles on)

As I do with all my vehicles, I've kept a spreadsheet that documents everything that’s been done to the truck and I have a folder with PDF docs of all receipts from parts purchases, and I have a lot of informational docs about the truck that would be included as well. Whoever gets this truck will be getting a well documented vehicle so they have record of all maintenance.

The only major changes I've make to the truck is I replaced the stock speaker and stereo with a Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS CD Receiver head unit, a Pioneer GM-D1004 400W 4-Channel GM Digital Series Class FD Amplifier, and Pioneer TS-A1686R A-Series 6.5" 350-Watt 4-Way Speakers (it sounds great!)

The original power buckets seats were flat like a bench seat and weren't too comfortable on long trips. So, I spent about $3000 at a custom auto upholstery shop where they re-shaped the form and recovered the seats with high end leather (like they use in the expensive cars) and I had them put the same leather on the door panels. This was all done in April of 2022 so this is all fresh and in like new condition (seats are very comfortable now!)

And, I did install stock Monroe front structs and Monroe rear shocks that raised the from up about an inch to stock height. The reason I did that is because I felt like the ZQ8 Sport Suspension (this is a ZQ8 Truck with factory V8... The truck's sequence number is V8 ZQ8 #184 of 1109 built) was a little too stiff making it ride a little rough like a sports car would.

So, I put the Monroe struts and shocks on and put about 110 pounds of dead weight over the rear axle in the back and now the truck rides like a Cadillac! To me it rides much better than before. But, I did keep the original parts so if someone wanted to return the truck back to the ZQ8 ride height (1 inch lower) it would be easy to do so.

And, I put fill size Chevy truck wheels on it. I liked these better than the original ZQ8 wheels that I still have and will be included in the sale with asking price. I actually have yet another set of wheels from a full size Chevy truck to be included as well with asking price. This deal is really for anyone that really likes this body style and that wants the ZQ8 factory V8 with 4sp Trans that's in like new condition and that has been well cared for. I've even got a few extra parts to be included with the sale.

Buyer would also be getting a few extra parts I bought for the truck like new front spindles, a new ECM, a new cowl cover, new Monroe front strut assemblies (and original strut assemblies), the original alternator which is still good, dash parts, center console lid, new custom grill inserts, horizontal center piece for grill painted black (I never install this), new upper / lower radiator hoses, 4 new center caps for the wheels on the truck now, Jet Power Flow Throttle body, an OEM throttle body (the one on the truck now has been bored and polished)

Also a Belltech Transmission cross member is included (New, never installed) and extra Cal-tec custom power door mirrors are included. Deal includes extra turn signal lenses. The truck has 4 New Tires - New Bridgestone Ecopia 422 H/L Plus 235/60R-18 (luxury car touring tires) put on at 45,362 in Nov 2020 and they are still like new. Hood Lift Cylinders have been installed so need need to use the hood prop to hold the hood up.

The truck's ECM has been adjusted for the new tire size so the speedometer is accurate. The truck also has a mild tune on it that bring the stock 300 HP rating up to an estimated 320 to 325 HP (Professionally tuned by Aikman Performance in Austin Texas). Also installed is the Pedal Commander Throttle Response Optimizer for fast acceleration. This truck performs very well and is extremely fun to drive!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
If that was a 4x4, I would be looking..

GLWS!

Rockrz

Original poster
May 22, 2022
Country Town
Thanks.

Yeah, I run in to some guys that don't like anything but 4x4s and then others just want the 2wd trucks.

4x4s are definitely better for going huntin!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online