eBay Listing Cheap 50ct. of GM 15076791 Door fasteners (retaining clips)

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Link didn't work on my mobile...my laptop is in repair mode right now, or I'd check there (when clicked, it looks like the name you wanted to give the link is what is trying to be resolved as the URL)

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Link didn't work on my mobile...my laptop is in repair mode right now, or I'd check there (when clicked, it looks like the name you wanted to give the link is what is trying to be resolved as the URL)
try now

Reactions: Capote

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Yep - resolves correctly now - and I see that these are (?) the 'Christmas tree' type. Will come in handy when I start tearing apart the interior to finish my audio install. Thx to @Capote for posting and to @djthumper for fixing the link - appreciate.

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Sorry about that gents, I was sharing the link from the EBay App, so that's probably why it didn't work correctly.

And no problem guys, I had to share this. These thing is always break and you're getting a lot for cheap with that listing on EBay.

Reactions: xavierny25

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hmm...I just did all for doors a couple weeks ago and not one clip broke. I guess i got lucky or taking my time with a screwdriver to pop each one was a good idea.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Mine got really brittle and started breaking last summer just from constantly opening and closing the truck door. After a while the panel would hop off and I would have to lift it up to open the door.... very annoying. Haven't broken one since. Would've been nice since I ended up replacing most of the door clips. The ones I bought had felt around the clip so it cut down on some rattles.

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hmm...I just did all for doors a couple weeks ago and not one clip broke. I guess i got lucky or taking my time with a screwdriver to pop each one was a good idea.
Mine were brittle to begin with, and they kept breaking or loosing tension as I kept taking the door panels off to do LED mods. Once I got the SS door panels I gained some better shape ones, but not all of them are good still. Always good to have these clips around anyway. Ya never know.

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
*Posted this in wrong ebay thread before*
I put these in and they are VERY hard to remove once snapped into place. I learned this lesson the hard way on one of the rear passenger doors. I forgot to route the door window switch wiring up before putting the panel on and broke 4 removing the rear passenger door panel, good thing I didn't completely put the whole door panel on before realizing this.
And another thing, these fasteners have a larger gap where they snap into the door panel than the original versions that GM put in. They wiggle a bit when they're in place and are only an issue on the farthest bottom corner on the outside of each panel. The gap prevents the fastener from gripping properly in these corners of the door panels. Everywhere else, they work perfect. I'll attach pictures in a bit here so you'll see what I mean.

Other than that, they work great.

View attachment 80766

Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online