Chatroom?

Porkins

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I was on TYF & a star wars forum, they both had chat rooms for members to chat about random stuff. Got me to wondering if anyone else would use it on here?

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I would probably say something about the goofy house of fun I just went to look at. 4 car stall oversized garage with an awesome yard but what wasn't updated inside had some sort of cockeyed leveling/settling going on. :crazy:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
The OS had a chat room in the platinum area. It didn't get used much. :Over Here!:

Porkins

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
dmanns67 said:
Kinda like the reality thread, but more random and not so serious?

Yeah, sorta. Its is forum addon, it works like AIM/YIM/Skype.

TYF has one embedded in the headed, I like it when they are a popup window.
Chevy Tahoe Forum | GMC Yukon Forum | Tahoe Z71 | Cadillac Escalade - Tahoe Yukon Forum
(Hopefully non-members can see it, if not I will screencap it)

BO TIE SS said:
The OS had a chat room in the platinum area. It didn't get used much. :Over Here!:

I was about to say,"I never seen one." Guess I had to be a platinum then.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Gotcha. So like a live chat room versus posting on a thread and then having to hit refresh to see new posts. :undecided:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
I think nowadays you can set-up most web browsers to auto-refresh every XXseconds. If you do something like 10-15 seconds its almost like a real time chat room.

That being said,it is not the same, and it would be neat to have a spot where any online members could browse the site and have a chat window open too.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
I'd use it. We could always set one up in irc

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
dmanns67 said:
Kinda like the reality thread, but more random and not so serious?
Is that even POSSIBLE? :raspberry:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I would use it. I have one set up on another forum I moderate. I like it, as long as one of the quality embedded versions are used. The forum owner where I moderate skimped out, and its a cheap, noisy, POS.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online