Chasing P0455

5xBuckman

Original poster
May 10, 2017
Minneapolis
Working on a new to me 2005 4.2L TB 2wd. After completing the engine swap, I tackled the the fuel sensor not working issue by installing a new Delphi fuel pump. Had an issue with the first Delphi pump being bad but resolved that problem with a warranty pump.

Now the issue is a P0455 Evap Gross Leak. Given that the fuel sensor didn't previously work the pcm could never purge the evap system as the conditions to purge weren't met. As in the fuel level was below 15%. So I really don't know if the truck had an evap issue prior to the engine developing a miss.

A friend loaned me his OTC Genesys and I verified the the Purge Valve and the Vent Solenoid are working. I guess it could be as simple as the gas cap. My friend also loaned me his smoke machine, but I'm trying to source some nitrogen gas to supply it.

But for now my question is this. When I changed the fuel pump, I didn't notice a gasket that looked able to be removed. The old pump did not have a gasket stuck to it when I removed it. So, according to May03LT video, I did not install the green o-ring provided with the new pump. Is there a gasket that I could have misplaced?

Thanks...Dan

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member