Car gauge pro and ABS

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Was trying to clear the ABS codes for my uncle on his 2012 Buick lesebre (I think that's what it is) and CGP refused to read anything on it and wouldn't clear it either.

I got to thinking after I gave up, could it be that I didn't go through and get the PIDs er whatever? I'm not very familiar with CGP at all, just know that it'll read any and every code but it couldn't touch this Buick.

Didn't matter if I selected GM or "all/generic" in one of the pop ups that come on.

Any ideas?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've done "read all codes" in the past, no issues, at least on our vintage trucks. Could be something with the year? Did you try it on your truck? You could cause an ABS code by just pulling a fuse.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe try and contact the developers. BTW, the ABS code has to be active to read (i.e. the light has to be on).

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Light is on and massage is steady on the DIC.

I liked into contacting the developers but after looking at their dead forum I decided I didn't have enough time with us leaving tomorrow.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
The developers for CGP are very helpful. CGP would not read any info on my TB and they were able to resolve the issue. What they will want from you is a debug file. Go to preferences and click on "Enable Debug Log" then try to connect to the vehicle. This will allow the developer to see what is exactly going on with the software and bluetooth device.

My issue was resolved with changing the "ASTS Value" to 15. Once I did that, I was finally able to use the app.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
CGP's interface seems to leave a lot to be desired, IMO. It isn't the most intuitive, at least coming from Torque. Several times I had it report no codes or info when trying to have it look specifically for ABS, but if I told it to scan and report everything it would then work. Not sure the deal with that but I haven't looked into it a whole lot. It does the job (helped me identify the ABS issue with my coworker's GMT800) but for general usage I'll stick with Torque.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.