Capote's Build Thread - "BatBlazer"

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Mounce said:
I started to mention that but didn't in fear that it was yours lol.

That shop just globbed that shit on there, looks like chewed up gum. I haven't mig welded yet in my welding class but I'd bet I could do better than that on my first try. Hell, I could stick weld it better than that. :rotfl:
That's why i brought it up. don't want anybody thinking I did shitty work :duh:

Capote said:
All the shops here can't weld for Shit. Have you seen the gut,wrenchingly bad weld on my exhaust tip? Terrible....
True Story :yes:

Reactions: Capote and Mounce

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
You do good work Brandon, really shows when you see your rig up in person

Reactions: BlazingTrails

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
:love0001: Ahh....

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
HARDTRAILZ said:
[emoji38] man I remember how much you guys ripped on us when we had our first meet up. It's all good bro.

Btw any suggestions for my TB, even though you're more partial to the offroad build, rather than a lowered build [emoji12]

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
Take all the stickers off rotfl
.......no, you guys really hate my decals. To each their own. If I had a TBSS that'd be different, I'd only have one..

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
How do you have molding on doors still?

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
HARDTRAILZ said:
How do you have molding on doors still?
The paint is so hard water stained, I'm afraid if I take them off, the paint will look far better underneath. Plus the fact that a-holes here carelessly ding doors.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Smoothes out the look so much. Pop'em off and claybar...if it still not to your satisfaction...re-install. I used steel bars to prevent door dings, but doubt you want to go that way...

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
[emoji38] Hi, my name is:
uploadfromtaptalk1418082528577.jpg

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
No, that's way to much effort

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Blckshdw said:
Looks like one of the filament bulbs for one of your sliders is out. Time to crack that bad boy open for an LED retrofit!!
Yes I know, you actually said this before to me :rotfl:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Looks good

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
(Couldn't edit this into previous post moderators)

Well when the divorce is over with I'd like to get my TB repainted, dipped, or wrapped at some point. I don't know if I should just get the factory black paint re-done, have it painted satin black, dip it satin black, or wrapped in satin vinyl. What are your opinions guys? Paint is chipped, lots of scratches, she's begging for it.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Capote said:
should just get the factory black paint re-done, have it painted satin black, What are your opinions guys? Paint is chipped, lots of scratches, she's begging it.
Fresh paint always looks good :thumbsup:

Maybe something different with the exact color? :undecided:

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
The only color besides black or satin black I would do would be anodized blue, like what my hood is or the same/similar color blue used on the new Corvette's. I.e the one used in the newest Chevy commercial featuring the new line-up

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The blue wrap

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
So Kyle, you think mine would look good wrapped in the same thing as my hood?

Very pricey for that color as the size increases. Not to mention that vinyl sheet I got was waaay to thin. It's 3M brand which surprised me when I got to handle it of how it wasn't as thick as normal wrap. Even melted when I tested a heat fun on it.... It's great for smaller applications, but I think that a shop would have a hard time wrapping my truck if I ordered a large quantity of it. I'd have to find a similar color in a different brand

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Your hood looks more baby blue than anodized to me.

Most places that wrap provide the material. I was quoted about $2000 for my truck without roof

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Oh wait my bad, my calipers are anodized blue. I was thinking of the wrong color for a sec my bad. Idr the name for the blue on the hood. I'll have to take a look in my purchase history. What color were you quoted for? Or is $2000 a base price that you were told?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That was pattern or color

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Oh okay. I'm trying to stay withing $1500; if I wanna go the paint route i dont know that I'll be able to get a job done for that, or if-so, quality may be lacking a few years down the line. I think even a flat color or primer still costs some even though it's not glossy or has clearcoat

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
2 grand is a good ballpark price on a full vehicle wrap.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Doubt you can change color for that much but a good repaint maybe

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Invest in a porter cable 7424xp and some good quality product like "Adams" polishes and do a paint correction. You'd be surprised what a paint correction...especially on black can do. If ur hoods all chipped to hell invest in a Scott's hood. www.centercrosscustoms.com. love those hoods.
Man I wish my tbss looked as good as the one pictured. :drool:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418160450451.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418160450451.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 46

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
jrSS said:
Invest in a porter cable 7424xp and some good quality product like "Adams" polishes and do a paint correction. You'd be surprised what a paint correction...especially on black can do. If ur hoods all chipped to hell invest in a Scott's hood. www.centercrosscustoms.com. love those hoods.
Man I wish my tbss looked as good as the one pictured. :drool:
That's a sexy SS, I've never detailed my own rig so I'm a bit weary of damaging my paint using a buffer [emoji32]

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
It's impossible to burn through the clear coat with a porter cable orbital. Well only if you are retarded. Lol.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Get r dun son!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online