Buick Rainier - Loud and Low

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
After months of debating and saving money, I finally bellied up and lowered my AWD 2005 Buick Rainier. Ironically, I finished my system around the same time, and was able to compete in a MECA Car Audio Competition about 2 hours south of me in PA, and took first place in my division! :wootwoot:
Lowering Kit:
Tony's DJM Upper A-Arms
Belltech Struts and shocks
Ripped out the airbags, and went to Belltech springs.
System:
2 Sundown Audio E8V3's ported in 1.8 cubic feet, tuned to 34Hz off an MB Quart ONX1.1000D
2 Sundown Audio NeoPro V2 Midbases crossed at 65Hz and 4kHz and 2 CDT TW-25 Tweeters in A-Pillars crossed at 4kHz off a PPI BK800.4
Stock Bose tweeters in dash - Ripping these out for some CDT Mid-Tweets soon.
JVC KD730BT Head unit - Hopefully soon to be a Pioneer DEH-80PRS
More to come on the system. This is an ever-changing process, and I have an Alpine MRV-F505 Expert Series amp, a Kicker KX600.4 amp, and some Alpine Type-R Tweeters and Mids from my old build laying around, that I may use.
Other Mods:
Roof Rack Delete
6000K HID's in Headlights and Fogs
Plasti-Dipped Wheels and Trim
Question: Should I debadge?

Overall, I'm extremely happy with my build, both the car, and the audio. I'd like to thank Tony, NorcalSS, for the help with the suspension.

NOW LOOK AT MY PICTURES!:biggrin:

I'm not the cleanest worker in the world, but I get it done!
null_zps38ff7cef.jpg

null_zps5b50140a.jpg

null_zpsbf92b93f.jpg

null_zpsa25aa8f3.jpg

System Pictures:
null_zps0f35636a.jpg

null_zps2896d8c2.jpg

null_zps107402fb.jpg

null_zps9f9db448.jpg

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
jrSS said:
Maybe not debadge...but tint the tails

I would, because I like the look of tinted tails, but when I did that on my old car, even with a very light tint, I got 2 tickets in the year and a half that I had them tinted. Cops around here don't care about HID's, loud exhausts, or loud music, but tint is one thing that they're sticklers about, since it's a hazard to other drivers behind you. A friend of mine has had more than 5 tickets for his tint as well, which are a tad darker than mine were. I drive too much to worry about getting a ticket every time I get in my car, and I'm deathly afraid of getting rear-ended, since It's happened to me 3 times already.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Looks good. :thumbsup: I had never though about what a Rainier would look like lowered, gotta say it looks good.
Congrats on 1st in MECA!!!

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
First i have to say that looks awesome. I had the same idea for my grille and the brow of the headlights. I've been batting around the idea of lifting or lowering. You may have swayed my decision. As for debadging, i did and i like the look 100% better. Not a fan of chrome so that played a major part in it. Again, looks good man! :thumbsup:

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
Looking at the laws in VAT title 3 article 9 chapter 375, there is no rules about tinting just that the red light must be visible by 1000 ft. Don't know if you wanna argue that or not. 300 something yards is a good distance away... I know mine wouldn't be visible that far away. Maybe at night but not on a nice sunny day.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online