Brews - Beers - Whatcha been drinking?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I love my Bud but these great Buds are your US Bud's.... CHEERS TO US BUD'S :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20130608_180316.jpg
    20130608_180316.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 4

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Denali n DOO said:
I love my Bud but these great Buds are your US Bud's.... CHEERS TO US BUD'S :thumbsup:

Those Marley drinks really work, i was surprised the first time i drank one. It actually made me tired

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Those Marley drinks really work, i was surprised the first time i drank one. It actually made me tired

Yesterday the 27th was my Birthday (48 yrs), my family party was today at my mom's, my niece got me a 6 pack of Stella, they were good. My Sis got me a variety pack of lots of flavors, I took to my neighbors and we tasted a few of em....Mmmmmmmm B E E E R S !

Attachments

• 20130728_190857.jpg
    20130728_190857.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 3

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Had a few beers today n hooked on music, BEERS n GMT's, heres what i'm listening too......
[video=youtube;3YfNFR6gh2E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YfNFR6gh2E&list=PLCkL0oemXsGo8MU8r4MQLJumAy_i0Yvn5[/video]
[video=youtube;wlFHx4A24Ug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlFHx4A24Ug&list=PLCkL0oemXsGo8MU8r4MQLJumAy_i0Yvn5[/video]
[video=youtube;Q8XkLrErSHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8XkLrErSHw&list=PLCkL0oemXsGo8MU8r4MQLJumAy_i0Yvn5[/video]
[video=youtube;BKZqGJONH68]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68&list=PLCkL0oemXsGo8MU8r4MQLJumAy_i0Yvn5[/video]

C H E E R S !!!

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Denali n DOO said:
Yesterday the 27th was my Birthday (48 yrs), my family party was today at my mom's, my niece got me a 6 pack of Stella, they were good. My Sis got me a variety pack of lots of flavors, I took to my neighbors and we tasted a few of em....Mmmmmmmm B E E E R S !

Well happy belated 48th birthday! Sounds like you're having a blast:thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have been on a bit of a beer kick and trying to find different ones to try. I know some others likely do the same. so here we can share what we have and how it is so maybe we can all find a favorite or at least try something different.

No pics, but have recently tried the Leinenkugel Winter Sampler and the Blue Moon Brewmaster Seasonal Sampler

The Leiny was good as expected. I tend to like their stuff.

The Blue Moon exceeded my kinda low expectations and was a nicely rounded variety with some surprisingly good brews.

But more along the lines I think we could go with this thread...since we all love pictures...Here are the random brews I snagged to try this weekend.

Local stuff

High hopes for this sampler

Been liking the apple stuff this winter so giving it a chance

Supposed to be a lot of pumpkin and 8% alcohol...not sure but was told to at least try it

Will report back on these.

Anyone else breaking out some brews this weekend?

Reactions: Capote

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
North Peak Brewery Hellion from their Grizzly Peak Series is by far my favorite beer!

Labatt Bourbon barrel is okay

Dark Horse Brewery - Scotty Karate its a scotch Ale pretty good

For hard Cider its hard for me to beat a Crispin

Ole Smokey Moonshine Apple Pie is some good stuff.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Reactions: Matt

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
HT, did you get any Bell's Hopslam yet? Limited release (happening right now), high dollar/high gravity, but very good. Around here, the price is ranging from $15.50 (Meijer) to $17.99 (liquor store) for a sixer. 10% ABV It is lighter in color than the picture as I had to use the flash.

Dogfish Head Brewing has some excellent although usually expensive stuff. If you find some of their Midas Touch, try it. Spend the $10 for a 4-pack. Drink it out of a glass at about 50 degrees or so. If you put it in the fridge, let it warm up in the glass a little. Sip it along and taste the change as it warms up. It is 9% ABV and very tasty.

I like the brews in the Blue Moon sampler, especially the Cinnamon Horchata. Magic Hat makes good stuff, too. #9 is my favorite from them.

This weekend I'll be trying a bottle of my first homebrew, a Bavarian Weissbier. It has only been in the bottle for 3 weeks, but I think it will be OK. Next weekend will be 3 weeks for an Oktoberfest I brewed, so I think I'll try one of them.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
My Apple Pie shine, my homemade Kaluha, my homemade Australian Ale, my homemade Milk Stout and my homemade Riesling...anybody sensing a theme here?

Reactions: C-ya and Robbabob

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not had Hopslam this go around but have before. Good stuff! Bells 2 hearted was typically on draft at my buddys house, but since he moved he has not got the bar area set back up.

Will look for Midas. Dogfish Head has not disappointed me yet so I bet its good.

My buddy just became brewmaster of our local place a few months ago. He was doing a bunch of home-brewing and when they released the last guy, he got the nod. I was eating there the other day and they said all 3 of his first brews sold out in record time and they have been around for about 10 years now. It is small setup and only sold in house or growlers. He does make some good stuff and all 3 impressed me for him to go from basement brew to more of a production scale without losing quality.

--Homemade is almost always better, but I dont have the time to dedicate. Any wants to send me something to try...PM me for an address :thumbsup:

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Matt, my buddy and his dad make a homemade kaluha. Good stuff, Maynard! My buddy (same guy) also makes wine. I'm just getting into the beer brewing scene. I like good beer and have always appreciated it, and homebrew is usually just as good as or or better than the commercial stuff once you get the kinks worked out.

Hardtrailz, I don't spend a lot of time doing this as I don't have the time either. I bought a Mr. Beer kit way back in 2002 and kept it for all this time and finally broke it out in December and decided to use it. So far, so good. I let the wort ferment for 3 weeks and then bottle. Four weeks in the bottle for most beers, longer for more complex/higher ABV stuff, naturally. Mr. B has some good brews and recipes. I envision myself moving to 5 gallon batches here soon, but I'll stick with extract for the ease and convenience. I have a red ale in one little brown keg (LBK) now, with an amber ale recipe (7.4%) going into another this weekend.

I also have a gallon of mead (my first) fermenting that has been racked once. This weekend I'll also start a strawberry mead for my wife. I saw a method wherein you ferment the must for about 3 weeks to a month and add the fruit when you rack it the first time. I think I'll go that route as I want it to have some fruit taste for her sake. So, neither of those will get to be enjoyed for a while...

That's the bad part about homebrewing and home winemaking - the wait!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not bad at all. Lots of apple but quite a drinkable ale.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422669376893.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422669376893.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 3

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I like pretty much all beer here are some of my favorites.

Stella
Killian's Irish Red
Killian's Dark Lager
Guiness
Terrapin Hopsecutioner
Sierra Nevada
Samuel Adams ALL except winter lager

My everyday drinking beer would be Coors Light

I hate almost anything BUD except for the Bud light Platinum, :yes:

May 5, 2013
Hey guys, here's some random pics of some of my homebrewery...

IMG-20140218-00053.jpgIMG-20140420-00065.jpgIMG-20140430-00067.jpgbanana blood orange.jpg2.jpgIMG-20141218-00125.jpgIMG-20140212-00050.jpg

They seemed appropriate in this thread...

Reactions: Matt and C-ya

jfkmk

Mar 7, 2013
Hardtrailz - the Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale IS the BEST I've ever had. Definitely worth trying! Best part is, the Weyerbacher brewery is 15 minutes from my house and they have awesome tours/tasting!

other than that:
Flying Dog Raging Bitch - great IPA
River Horse Tripple Horse

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Good stuff is mostly in bottom of bin, but it was a good weekend

{tpc}

Jan 22, 2014
Just picked up some yuengling while in Ohio this past weekend. Typically it's coors light or miller lite for me or bud light for the wife. We also have a local brewery, Dragonmead, and last night had some Erik the Red. We like that as wekk as their other offering, Final Absolution. Though many a night of Final Absolution has been followed by the piecing together of memorys the next day, lol.

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
My usual is Coors Light, second choice is Yuengling. I have recently tried Dos Equis and liked that as well. My tastes are simple, just make it good and cold!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011

Been doing a bunch of work outside so been hitting up the old natty more and more.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
11390252_885378374833580_5204130123584686475_n.jpg

been wanting to try this

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
The usual. :biggrin:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
During the summer when it is hot I like light beer, we usually get 30's of either Coors or Keystone light.

Did you guys know that Coors and Keystone are the same beer? My brother in law works a miller, and he said they just change the cans out and keep filling. Keystone is usually about $2 less.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Not surprising.

I got a Shock Top variety pack. Some are pretty good, others like this spiced banana wheat are a little on the weird side lol

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I like some of the variety packs, but I have never been a fan of shock top. I don't really like sweet beer.

I like the fat tire variety pack, and the Blue moon one is pretty good. And i like the Sam Adams fall pack.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I have been drinking Blue Moon for years. The past year and a half I have been on a Yuengling kick. One of my buddies introduced me to the beer and have been drinking it ever since. Sam Adams is good. I use to drink Shock Top as well when I was out and Blue Moon was not available.

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
I went to illadelphia years back and loved Yeungling but they don't sell it out here by me. I enjoy some Blue Moon but my favorite is Sam Adams. I enjoy many of their flavors. Octoberfest is probably my fave tho. Lately I have been drinking Lagunitas "Little Sumpin Sumpin." Great taste and 7.5% alcohol also :yes: If I'm just hangin with my buddies I'll kick back some coors light.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
dmanns67 said:
I have been drinking Blue Moon for years. The past year and a half I have been on a Yuengling kick. One of my buddies introduced me to the beer and have been drinking it ever since. Sam Adams is good. I use to drink Shock Top as well when I was out and Blue Moon was not available.
Don't forget the ever elusive White house Beer :yes:

Reactions: dmanns67

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I change it up. Sometimes I'll see something on the shelf and figure what the heck I'll try it out. I've had Bud Light Lime, Shock Top, Blue Moon, Sam Adams, Fat Tire, Newcastle, Sierra Nevada, Leinenkugel, Michelob, Yuengling, Great Lakes, Dos Equis, and a few others.
Yuengling on tap is probably one of my favorites. Not near as good from the green bottles though, seems to be a bit skunky. Cans are a bit metallic tasting but no skunk. I don't understand.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
This topic is so subjective but, since you asked. I've been on this IPA kick for a while and after Sierra Nevada, Harpoon, I've been really happy with my latest find Saranac Legacy IPA. My rule of thumb is...if the top twist off..it's crap!
I can't seem to warm up to Yuengling , I know that they have been around forever but, that metallic taste mentioned is indicative of mega brewery beer and only good for washing down pizza. After a hard day so nice to sip an IPA. Just my thoughts...please don't key my Denali :biggrin: Mike.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'll stick to my Aussie Ale in the Summer and Chocolate Milk Stout in the Winter...might go a Yuengling light if I'm out.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
And pie. Don't forget the pie :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have the Saranac White Ale to try.

I loved the Sierra Nevada 4 Pale Ale mixer pack.

Just grabbed a mixer of Magic Hat.

I got a 6 pack of 3 Floyds Zombie Dust delivered to me finally! Stuff is GOOD but elusive.

I also got https://www.samueladams.com/craft-beers/thirteenth-hour Not my usual, but a good beer.

Reactions: C-ya

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Grimor said:
Zwack and Redbull...it's a bit smother than Jaeger
Not a beer, but might give it a try. I do like my Jag

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online