Brake pedal noise

xavierny25

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I have had this going on for about 3 weeks or so. when I apply a certain pressure on the brake pedal I get the most annoying noise in side the cabin of my voy.

I did my brakes last year at some time.(brakes,fluid,rotors the works all of it) A few day ago I changed out the vacuum booster check valve just to see if it's Maybe coming from there and that wasn't it. The brakes definitely do there job 100% never an issue.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
You're referring to the squeak / pfft sound correct?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Mine does it too. I think it's the dust boot on the inside of the truck on the pedal releasing air as you depress it. You could try pinching it as you press it to see if it stops. If it doesn't its the master cylinder itself making the noise... fluid swishing and all. Mine has always done it if it helps. :biggrin:

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
Al vehicles that I've ever worked on vent the booster to the inside of the cabin. Depressing the pedal allows cabin air to enter the booster so you here that in most cases.

xavierny25

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I'll try that when I get home.... thanks little blazer. It doesn't get to me as much as it get to my wife. It's her daily driver so I try my best to keep it running at its best all the time.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I lied(went oUT and checke). I the boot has holes in it. Its gotta be the the cylinder itself.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Never have i heard that before. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr psssssst rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr as long as you hold the pedle. That would annoy the piss out of me. Get that taken care of ASAP for the 'ole lady.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online