Brake Motive Power Bleeder

dacoach

Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
Wanting to buy one but wanted to check first. Am I correct that I need the 108 model? Also where is the best place to buy it at. Thank you.
Dacoach

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
dacoach said:
Wanting to buy one but wanted to check first. Am I correct that I need the 108 model? Also where is the best place to buy it at. Thank you.
Dacoach
It has good reviews on amazon, but it does say that the adapters are expensive. I have never used this type of bleeder before personally.

Amazon Brake Motive 108

This is the type that I use, and it seems to me that it would really be simpler and easier to use than the other setup, but like I said I have never used it before.

Vacuum Bleeder Amazon

Good Luck!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I haven't used it myself, but one of my friends, former member here has one and swears by it. Next time I decide to do a brake flush, I'm gonna borrow it :yes:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Those always struck me as likely to make a mess though if you fill it with brake fluid and pressurize the reservoir, well, when you disconnect everything the reservoir is now overfilled and you'll likely spill fluid. Brake fluid isn't something I would really care to spill all over.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Sparky said:
Those always struck me as likely to make a mess though if you fill it with brake fluid and pressurize the reservoir, well, when you disconnect everything the reservoir is now overfilled and you'll likely spill fluid. Brake fluid isn't something I would really care to spill all over.
Not if used correctly and with the right adapter. You actually have a shut-off valve on the supply line, so you close that valve and bleed off fluid until the level is correct and then disconnect. Like sex, the more you do it , the better you get at it :biggrin: ...Mike.

Reactions: Sib and Trkdrvremt

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
That is the correct one. I prefer a pressure bleeder over a vacuum bleeder because theoretically, a vacuum bleeder can suck air (and debris) past the bleeder screw threads. Pressure bleeders can't.

I have used the Brake Motive one several times for our two Trailblazers. I use it dry. I don't put fluid in the bleeder itself; I make sure the reservoir on the truck is full; pressurize the tank and then bleed one valve at a time. I then disconnect the bleeder, top up the reservoir, and repeat the process for each wheel, starting with the farthest wheel first, and working in to the closest wheel last.

Once I am done bleeding the brakes, I take it out on a gravel road and do several hard stops to engage the ABS. The will firm up the pedal.

Using the Brake Motive dry is a bit more work, but there is far less cleanup to do afterwards.

Reactions: Blckshdw

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Chickenhawk said:
That is the correct one. I prefer a pressure bleeder over a vacuum bleeder because theoretically, a vacuum bleeder can suck air (and debris) past the bleeder screw threads. Pressure bleeders can't.

I have used the Brake Motive one several times for our two Trailblazers. I use it dry. I don't put fluid in the bleeder itself; I make sure the reservoir on the truck is full; pressurize the tank and then bleed one valve at a time. I then disconnect the bleeder, top up the reservoir, and repeat the process for each wheel, starting with the farthest wheel first, and working in to the closest wheel last.

Once I am done bleeding the brakes, I take it out on a gravel road and do several hard stops to engage the ABS. The will firm up the pedal.

Using the Brake Motive dry is a bit more work, but there is far less cleanup to do afterwards.
I agree with you about the vacuum bleeder but, using the pressure bleeder dry defeats the best feature over the vac bleeder, you can dump a couple of qts, in the tank and never have to fret about depleting the master cylinder and introducing air into the system.
If I were sold on your method, I wouldn't buy a bleeder, I would just use my air hose with a regulator....just sayin'...Mike.

dacoach

Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
Thanks for the help. Never flushed the brakes before and want to take care of the care. Decided to keep it until it dies. Now if I can get that stuck fill plug off of my rear differential I will be good.
Dacoach

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Good info. Been looking fur a new bleeder. Does that 108 have the proper adapter for our trucks with it? Or do you need that other one listed

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.