bose system

Machoman

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
I'm sure this has been discussed before. How do I tell if I have a bose system or not.

Thanks

willbill92

Feb 15, 2014
Machoman said:
I'm sure this has been discussed before. How do I tell if I have a bose system or not.

Thanks

In most cases the stereo face should say Bose if you have it.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
willbill92 said:
In most cases the stereo face should say Bose if you have it.

Pre-06 does this. 06 and up says it when you turn the radio on.

Speakers in the dashboard are another indicator - the base radio does not have them installed.
Also if you open your glove box and look inside the glovebox lid, you'll see a sticker with a bunch of three-digit codes. Code UQA means you have Bose.

willbill92

Feb 15, 2014
IllogicTC said:
Pre-06 does this. 06 and up says it when you turn the radio on.

Speakers in the dashboard are another indicator - the base radio does not have them installed.
Also if you open your glove box and look inside the glovebox lid, you'll see a sticker with a bunch of three-digit codes. Code UQA means you have Bose.

Did not know that they changed that. You learn something new everyday.:thumbsup:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Machoman said:
Delphi navigation with xm doesn't say bose.

Factory-installed, it will show you the vehicle's badge and say Powered by Bose at the bottom. Swap-out Delphi just says Delphi unless it is flashed with a splash screen, or can successfully "detect" what vehicle brand it's in with a power cycle. Factory-installed nav units had Bose as a requirement for installation.

Machoman

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
IllogicTC said:
Factory-installed, it will show you the vehicle's badge and say Powered by Bose at the bottom. Swap-out Delphi just says Delphi unless it is flashed with a splash screen, or can successfully "detect" what vehicle brand it's in with a power cycle. Factory-installed nav units had Bose as a requirement for installation.

mine is factory to my knowledge.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Machoman said:
mine is factory to my knowledge.

Are you the first owner? If not, take a look in the glove box and see if you can find code UM8. If it's not present, it's not factory. If it is, you may have some issue where the radio is not detecting the vehicle brand properly.

Machoman

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
IllogicTC said:
Are you the first owner? If not, take a look in the glove box and see if you can find code UM8. If it's not present, it's not factory. If it is, you may have some issue where the radio is not detecting the vehicle brand properly.

Going out to the Envoy right now.

Machoman

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
IllogicTC said:

Yes UM8 is on there, plus lots of other codes.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Machoman said:
Yes UM8 is on there, plus lots of other codes.

The unit, as installed in the factory, originally will read Delphi (the people who make it). After a run cycle, the radio chats with the other components and finds out just what kind of brand it is (GMC, Chevrolet, etc.) probably by receiving the VIN code and using the relevant digit.

If your radio works correctly it would seem the communications bus itself is working (it's used to turn on the Bose amp). Therefore I would say there may be an issue internal to the radio, and possibly not fixable (such as not being flashed with the badge images, etc.).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vulcantoolman

Members Online