Bosch "Park Assist" super deal...

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Happened to stumble upon this and remembered that some had asked about the OEM looking sensors in my rear bumper. I installed these on my wifes' Malibu and my Denali and can tell you that these are Oem quality kits,not Chinese junk.I have never seen them for less than $260 so this is a real deal.I'm probably appealing to the older crowd with this but,it really takes the guess work out of backing into a spot...Mike.
New Universal Bosch Park Pilot Kit PKPLT1 | eBay
http://gmtnation.com/members/northcreek/albums/northcreeks-07-denali/11504-021/

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
northcreek said:
Happened to stumble upon this and remembered that some had asked about the OEM looking sensors in my rear bumper. I installed these on my wifes' Malibu and my Denali and can tell you that these are Oem quality kits,not Chinese junk.I have never seen them for less than $260 so this is a real deal.I'm probably appealing to the older crowd with this but,it really takes the guess work out of backing into a spot...Mike.
New Universal Bosch Park Pilot Kit PKPLT1 | eBay
http://gmtnation.com/members/northcreek/albums/northcreeks-07-denali/11504-021/

check it out..

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The eBay listing is pretty scant on details as to what this does. Does it actually steer and move your vehicle into the parking spot (à la Ford, which I doubt) or does it just tell you you're in the sweet spot and when to crank the wheel and stop? Does it beep? Lights?

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Mooseman said:
The eBay listing is pretty scant on details as to what this does. Does it actually steer and move your vehicle into the parking spot (à la Ford, which I doubt) or does it just tell you you're in the sweet spot and when to crank the wheel and stop? Does it beep? Lights?

Bosch - ParkPilot
Using four sensors mounted discreetly in your bumper, ParkPilot senses obstacles behind the vehicle. As you reverse, a display unit fitted inside the vehicle, provides audible and visual displays- the closer you get, the louder the warning. The system reliably detects fences, other vehicles, high kerbs - even bikes in the driveway.

View attachment 28639

Attachments

• 10325.jpg
    10325.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 13

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
the roadie said:
Say *what*? :wink:

Of course, you dont really need one with a steel bumper and the ability to run over other vehicles...

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Chinese made sensors aren't junk. I have a set I installed in my TBSS and it works quite well for a hell of a lot less. Mine has visual telling me which side of the rear and how close in meters along with audible that speeds up as you get closer. And its no where near $106 plus $19 shipping as that Ebay listing.

a foot note: The object I used was a gallon jug of windshield washer fluid.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanns Carrasco