BC Forest Fires

Sir ffeJ

Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
Short story:

Family and I head up to Prince George for a week vaca to see a buddy. At this point fires were at a bare minimum.

Fastfoward a week and BAM, 138 fires start over night. To get home from PG there are 2 main routes, with a few branch offs for a diifernet, longer route.
The way we came up is now blocked off due to the fires. (Cache Creek / Ashcroft). One of the turn off is just before that. Perfect I said.

We wake up the next day ready to leave and now there is another highway closure at Williams Lake. Now I m screwed for that.

The last way out was East towards Alberta along the 16 then down the 5 to Kamloops. Well on the way down we ran into more fires. at Little Fort. GPS in fact was telling me to take a smaller route to go around.

I've lived here in BC all my life and this was as close to getting out with all that has happened so quickly all over the province.

Oh did I mention my mother in law was an evacu-e out of Cache Creek. We could even get to her if we wanted. Oh just so you know, she's cool

Attachments

• IMG_5195.JPG
    IMG_5195.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5193.JPG
    IMG_5193.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5194.JPG
    IMG_5194.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Redbeard

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
Those fires have divided the province. Hope you get to where you need to go without getting stuck somewhere.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Also been following and it's terrible. Whole villages destroyed and 10000's of people displaced with no end in sight.

Hang in there.

Reactions: Tiggerr

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher