Bags won't inflate

Instrumental

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Got a problem with my rear air suspension. The compressor run at startup every time for 20 seconds or so. The rear end doesn't raise one milllimeter. The compressor is functioning, I hooked up the auxiliary hose and by plugging it with my thumb I got it to hold 40-50 psi on the gauge. The bags do have air in them, it's not bottomed out by any means. As a matter of fact, the only reason I noticed it was hitching up a trailer and it didn't level out.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting?

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
You have sensor on either side of the vehicle that measures the height. you can try to adjust them or one may have gone bad and the system is defaulted to a preset height. There are YouTube videos on how to do this as well as many threads.

images

Reactions: Blckshdw

Instrumental

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
This was one of my first thoughts after I confirmed the compressor was still in good shape. Thing is, the compressor is running, shouldn't I get movement? Or is there some kind of valve system the sensor controls? My understanding was the sensor runs the compressor, compressor fills the bags, but is there something in between?

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
There is a valve rebuilding kit you can get from a dealer (you may have to order it). Part # 1518-3676 It's about $35.
There is a valve system. It directs air to either side, both sides, or the fill hose for tires.

Instrumental

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
After looking into this more, I think you've got it. I found a method to refurbish yourself, if that doesn't work then I'll pick up the kit. Thanks!

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Instrumental

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Well, short answer is it seems to have worked. I did take some pictures along the way, there was a lack of details when I researched, so I'll add it to the other how-to's I've done. I'll add a link when I'm done.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online