Back to bad MPG heat range causing it?

Discussion in 'Vortec 4.2L I-6' started by AzTruckGuy, Jul 11, 2016.

1. gmcman

gmcman Well-Known Member

Can you run a length of hose to the vacuum port for a good secure connection to see of the light goes out?

2. AzTruckGuy

AzTruckGuy Well-Known Member

Sorry where's the vacuum port at? If it's anywhere on the bottom I don't have access to work the Trailblazer at all. I think the PCM needs an update as I have been reading up on the PCM and sometimes the updates will fix off issues but I'm not about to pay the dealer when I could get a tune for that price

3. AzTruckGuy

So I noticed this morning that the change eng oil started popping up on my dash every time I start the engine. It goes away after a minute or so but I am wondering why its even popping up? I just did a complete oil change with synth at 98,378 which was about 1,667 miles ago. I have never had this light pop up on my dash every since I took it over at 93k miles
    Engine light.JPG

***Updated** This Trailblazer keeps surprises me...just reset the chang oil light, didn't even know it had this feature

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  4. Blckshdw

Blckshdw Moderator

Yeah, unless you have a DIC cluster, OnStar subscription or ODBII scanner, you don't know what the Oil Life Monitor is calculating for when you should change your oil. I believe that light comes on when it calculates you have 10% oil life remaining.

This goes hand in hand with how we tell everyone not to hang your hat on the "change your oil every 3000 miles" logic that's been beaten into so many people's heads for so many years. :bonk:

5. AzTruckGuy

My air cooled Porsche got the oil changed every 3k this Trailblazer will get the oil changed at 5k or 6k or even 7k...

6. xavierny25

xavierny25 Platinum Supporter

I'm such a victim to this I actually do change my oil out every 3000 or when the oil life goes lower then 5% on the OLM.

Then again I have a pallet of Mobil 1 sitting around so it's pretty much free oil changes for like ever. :2thumbsup:

7. AzTruckGuy

So an update since I have moved up to Phoenix, recent trips back and forth going 165 miles each way, gas tank seems to only suck half a tank of gas. The stalling issues went away as soon the new Bosch fuel pump was put in and the Trailblazer seems to be running really well, expect the dumb P0440 code that will not go away...My Torque app was updated and new items came up to check out on the P0440 P0440 CODE.PNG

I hate that SES engine light always being on and when it comes time to sell the Trailblazer, I don't want the buyers being scared of it...any Ideas? I feel lik the PCM needs to the software updated but I not paying GM a cent...