Auto Scroll in post edit tool

walterc4553

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Auto Scrolling when posting - IE8

First I know, I know.. I should be using Chrome, FireFox, Safari, or Opera. Or IE9 or IE10 demo. So hold those comments for the next statement.

This only happens when at work on IE8 where I cannot change browser/install new browser or I am held in liability against company policies.

So it is hard to describe what happens. I will give it a try. When creating a post if I am too verbose and have two many lines it creates a scroll bar on the right of the edit field. If the scroll bar is too long Auto save scrolls so that the bar goes back up after I stop typing and start proofing.

To replicate do the following.
Create a new post
put junk data in the first line so that it forces autosave to turn on
put in at least 20 returns.
Click on any other control item on the webpage and it will auto scroll back up usually so that the bar is 1/4 to the top.
Wait for AutoSave to happen and it will scroll up
Wait long enough and the browser does a curser timeout on the field that it is in.
Or if I click on another application.

I run Chrome, IE 9, and Firefox at home and it does not happen.

Don't know if it can be fixed. But I am annoyed. It is arduous to forge and redact my pulpy ponderously verbose diatribes.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
walterc4553 said:
Auto Scrolling when posting - IE8

First I know, I know.. I should be using Chrome, FireFox, Safari, or Opera. Or IE9 or IE10 demo. So hold those comments for the next statement.

This only happens when at work on IE8 where I cannot change browser/install new browser or I am held in liability against company policies.

So it is hard to describe what happens. I will give it a try. When creating a post if I am too verbose and have two many lines it creates a scroll bar on the right of the edit field. If the scroll bar is too long Auto save scrolls so that the bar goes back up after I stop typing and start proofing.

To replicate do the following.
Create a new post
put junk data in the first line so that it forces autosave to turn on
put in at least 20 returns.
Click on any other control item on the webpage and it will auto scroll back up usually so that the bar is 1/4 to the top.
Wait for AutoSave to happen and it will scroll up
Wait long enough and the browser does a curser timeout on the field that it is in.
Or if I click on another application.

I run Chrome, IE 9, and Firefox at home and it does not happen.

Don't know if it can be fixed. But I am annoyed. It is arduous to forge and redact my pulpy ponderously verbose diatribes.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if there is a fix for your problem.

However, did you just get a thesaurus for Christmas? j/k :wink:

walterc4553

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:
walterc4553 said:
It is arduous to forge and redact my pulpy ponderously verbose diatribes.[/

Nope most of the words came out right away when I was writing. The only one that I had to look up to remember if it was proper to use (and spell) was ponderously. Not an exact fit but close. The only one that I changed was forge. I didn't want to use the simple word type or the overly used word develop as a description of the action.

I figured it was fitting to use an overly exaggerated statement to describe how I am causing my own problem with this great site. Plus it entertained me while typing it.

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:

I'll bet it was one of those daily desk calendars with a "word of the day". Since we're 20 days into the new year, the challange was to use most of the new found knowledge in one sentence. :raspberry:

BTW - same boat for me with the scrolling except my edit window scrolls up whenever I move the mouse cursor out of the edit box. IE 7 here at work with the same "no options" limits.

Besides, I find it easier to read
walterc4553 said:
pulpy ponderously verbose diatribes

than the 5th grade no sentence structure no grammer their/there/they're no punctuation no capitalization no spellcheck dis txt 4 U so it B reel hard too red stuff that sometimes shows up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online