Anyone running 255/65/17 LTX MS/2?

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Because the 245 width isn't avail with the MS/2. :confused:

I really want to try this tire, the 255 is only marginally larger and despite the price, I feel the tread wear would be a win/win situation.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Tiggerr said:
Actually those are the standard LTX MS, not the MS/2
BlazingTrails said:
I think he is concerned about clearance on his Envoy? I'm not 100% sure but I have heard of larger tires being used. I think you would be good but don't take my word for it.
Clearance should be good, I had some 265/60's before and they cleared everything at stock height. I'm mainly concerned with road noise and MPG's.I guess I should have stated that.....my bad.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
BlazingTrails said:
I think he is concerned about clearance on his Envoy? I'm not 100% sure but I have heard of larger tires being used. I think you would be good but don't take my word for it.
I thought he was going with that size cause he couldn't find it in 245. Idk what the difference between the m/s and the m/s2 is but they look the same. I'd be running those on my Rainier if I wasn't going to switch to 20's. Those tires lasted forever on my suburban. Good in all weather too. Even in snow. They were quiet as a mouse and good mpg, although is was a suburban lol

Reactions: BlazingTrails

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Tiggerr said:
I thought he was going with that size cause he couldn't find it in 245. Idk what the difference between the m/s and the m/s2 is but they look the same. I'd be running those on my Rainier if I wasn't going to switch to 20's. Those tires lasted forever on my suburban. Good in all weather too. Even in snow. They were quiet as a mouse and good mpg, although is was a suburban lol
That's good to know, thanks. Researching the 255/65 MS2 that's not a LRR tire but doesn't mean I would lose MPG's..hard to say.

Looks like Michelin came out with a new tire but starts with 8/32" tread depth, would need to go witha 255/60 though...about 1/2" shorter.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Premier+LTX&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=56VR7PRLTX&tab=Sizes

I will look further into the LTX M/S in a 245, I do like the quiet.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
gmcman said:
That's good to know, thanks. Researching the 255/65 MS2 that's not a LRR tire but doesn't mean I would lose MPG's..hard to say.

Looks like Michelin came out with a new tire but starts with 8/32" tread depth, would need to go witha 255/60 though...about 1/2" shorter.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Premier+LTX&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=56VR7PRLTX&tab=Sizes

I will look further into the LTX M/S in a 245, I do like the quiet.
I didn't see much difference in the tread between the 2 tires. I know on my suburban I was totally happy with them. Like I said if I was staying with stock size on my Rainier I would slap them on there in a heartbeat. Think I put 40k on those before I sold the truck, they looked great, still had maybe half tread left. They rode nice too.

I am pretty OCD about rotating too. I'm sure that helped as well

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online

No members online now.