anybody have there E-brake brake go bad or line under hood?

minisuv

Original poster
Apr 17, 2015
Has anybody ever had there ebrake fall apart that it makes a loud tin rubbing noise? i have to replace both sides I just dont know what caused it but glad I went underneith as I found the pinion seal leaking. My brake line by res. is leaking where the hard line meets the flex line. it's dripping. only. $90 part just need the torque specs I will get from GM.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I had the retainer clip rust and fail, dropping the shoe and wearing it out. Later had one cable underneath rust and seize up. I don't have a parking brake anymore!

I haven't had any brake line issues, but when I've messed with brake lines in the past I have always just tightened them to be snug. Not had one leak but if it did just snug it a little more. Don't want to overtighten.

I rarely look up torque specs on things as for the longest time I didn't even have a torque wrench.

minisuv

Original poster
Apr 17, 2015
I just replaced the flex line to old school coil set up and works great. I dumped my e-brake for now to both sides shot makin noise so I will replace the it when the lift goes in. I was suprised the pinion seal went but that was easy the fill/level plug was shot n rusty though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.