Amp install question

Stryker11

Original poster
May 20, 2016
North Texas
20160717_163209.jpg I've been out of the system game too long I think... what type of connectors are used to wire up into an amp like this? Bare wire, ring, open end? I haven't a clue. Also, what's the easiest way to run the wires under the carpet in the rear when mounting an amp in the rear under the storage cover?

Last edited:

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
If using the same size wire or smaller, as the amp terminal, you can just put the wire in the amp terminal and tighten down. If using a gauge wire that is larger than can fit, instead of trimming, use a wire reducing terminal between the wire and amp terminal. Every so often put an allen wrench on the terminals to make sure they are still tight as the wire compresses more.

Wire reducer
Terminals-HA-WR48-detailed-image-2.jpg

Stryker11

Original poster
May 20, 2016
North Texas
Thanks guys. Got all the wires run today. Made a slit in the carpet rt behind the rear left seat just under where the seat fold down flap is. I used a plastic window blind rod to pass the wires under the carpet. Worked great.

FearlessAZ

Jun 7, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I just used bare wire. We ran power along the doors under the door kick plates on drivers side. Rand the speaker wires on the passenger side. Had it come up right behind the rear seat.

Reactions: Stryker11

Stryker11

Original poster
May 20, 2016
North Texas
Where's a good place for the ground wire for the amp if I put it in the rear floor storage compartment?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
There are factory ground points in the lower D pillars as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online