Alignment Question

Petey

Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
I took my truck into a certain national tire store with a the lifetime alignment today for a rotation and check. They have been doing something right as I have 47K on these tires and all 4 are worn even straight across.

That being said the tech put it on the lift and put it down and handed me the print-out. All were in spec except Right front camber (-1.5 deg. before and after). When I asked the tech about that, he first said "there is no adjustment on the Camber". I said other techs have fixed it (but looking at records it never has been out) he said its barely out nothing to worry about.

20160405_190735.jpg

Here is my question. is -1.5 really nothing to worry about or should I take it back and complain?

I had to deal with the manager last summer over my GF's Vue because 3 weeks after she had her aliment checked she chewed up her 2 rear tires because of a lazy tech who didn't let us know or see a broken rear lateral link bolt. The Manager was great and paid for 2 new tires and to replace the link on one side we paid for the other side because the bolt on that side was seized too. We concluded his tech did not break it but he should have seen it.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
He's utterly full of crap. Of course there is camber alignment. Probably a noob who only knows McPherson struts that use offset camber bolts or something like that. Camber on these trucks isn't hard - loosen the LCA bracket bolts and slide the bracket in and out.

I'd go back and have another tech look at it, and tell them they have a tech out there who doesn't know his stuff.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Agreed

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@Sparky ... Is that Alignment Image one to add to the server file list... or is it some "Hands Off" proprietary document?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It looks like a typical alignment machine printout to me.

Reactions: mrrsm

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I agree, go back to Firestone and tell them to do it right. I am lifted and they got mine right out here.

Petey

Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
@Sparky ... Is that Alignment Image one to add to the server file list... or is it some "Hands Off" proprietary document?

What does that mean?

yes it is just the print out from the machine

I'll give them a call and see what the manager says. It should be worth some free oil changes for my time to go back up there and wait again because the tech didn't do it right the first time.

How much wear what would this do over 5k?

Oh and everything about the suspension is bone stock.

Last edited:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
If their tech cannot get a stock suspension aligned maybe he needs to go back to learn what he is doing.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got some alignment print-out posted out there is anyone needs the document for anything they are welcome to use it.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
What does that mean?

Sorry for the slight hijack... I just wanted to know if your very "Data Rich" printout was something to be added to the GMT Nation Archives. This is the first one I've seen and very much needed to know the Green Specs on your printout. I will soon be doing the alignment work myself and don't have access to the exotic equipment... just what you see below:

s-l1600.jpg
DSC05203.jpg DSC05201.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
There have been posting of similar printout around for years. OffroadTB.com may have more since it seems to be common that moronic shops think a lifted vehicle can not be aligned. Many of us just use a couple boards and tape measure for basic alignment with good results as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online