Air Suspension not inflating

EyeAmRed2U

Original poster
May 26, 2014
2004 Buick Rainier AWD V8 72,000mi
System was working fine. Compressor turns on and then shuts off. No blinking LED on the switch. 30Amp ECAS fuse is OK. Just looks like the check valve may be stuck. What should I be looking for? Is this a humidity, change in temperature issue?

Ken

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Might be level sensors but, going by age and area you probably need a new compressor. There is plenty of back and forth discussion on this in the archives so I won't rehash...Mike.

EyeAmRed2U

Original poster
May 26, 2014
Ihave read the posts but really nothing worth except replace compressor. I will just pull compressor and rebuild it.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
EyeAmRed2U said:
Ihave read the posts but really nothing worth except replace compressor. I will just pull compressor and rebuild it.
The only service part is the check valve(waste of time and money imo). The compressor unit is not just a pump, it contains all the valving and brains of the system none of which is serviceable and no parts other than the check valve are available.
Eleven years is not a bad service life for a complex piece of equipment that spends it's life behind the rear wheel catching rain, salt, and whatever.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.