Aftermarket transmission cooler fittings/hose routing

ComputernerdBD

Original poster
Aug 24, 2014
Hey everyone. I have an aftermarket transmission cooler setup with custom made aluminum AN fitting adapters that came with the kit however I will need to replace the hoses installed last year soon as I found out they are not temperature rated and routed poorly.

I was wondering if I would be better also to replace the fittings with some stronger off the shelf components as an improvement (also had previous leaks) such as -6AN 1/4" NPS fitting connected to a 90 degree AN adapter for the radiator return port and the Dorman 800-606 transmission line connector for the barbed return pipe connected to a 90 degree NPT female to female coupler and then using an NPT to -6AN adapter to that.

Also for a cooler in front of the driver side of the radiator, where is the best place to route the hoses? The left hose is hanging down far enough to be hit by snow if I drive through it. Thanks

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
Tranny fluid doesn't get too hot or have crazy pressure on that side to go balls to the wall. Even slip or barb fittings on the cooler end work fine without ar lines. I put mine in front of drivers side rad and ran lines down and around radiator from the front without going under the rad. And bolted it right to the bumper support and one to the hood latch

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I went up with my hoses to the radiator core support, then down the driver's side of the radiator to make the connections. Wanted to make sure there wasn't any air bubbles trapped in the aux cooler that way.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online