NEED HELP add factory fog lights???

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Adding the lights themselves is doable, but having factory functionality is another animal. That feature is controlled through the BCM, so unless you can source not only the fog lights, but also wiring harnesses, fabricate your own mounting brackets, or buy a bumper with the fog light mounts in it, headlight control switch with the fog light button in it, and get your BCM reprogrammed somewhere for the added feature...

... a less than factory setup may be easier to put together, and more cost effective. If you're handy, you can rig up your own wiring harness through a relay, and put a switch in the cabin to activate them. I think someone posted how they made fog light mounting brackets somewhere... :twocents:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I personally would purchase a fog light ready bumper, buy and install factory fog light housings and buy an aftermarket relay harness online (like what you'll find when searching for light bar relay harness on ebay, has a push button switch for inside cabin) and wire it to 880 pigtails for the bulbs.

Much cheaper than sourcing factory wiring, switches, and programming from the dealer.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I haven't completed my OEM fog install (I just need a donor bumper), but I do have all of the supporting wiring running some LED fogs mounted under the bumper for the time being.

The TR-7 referenced in my schematic is this:
http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=717&CategoryID=31
It's simply used as a latching relay so I can use the OE fog button.

All other components are standard 5-pin relays.

This exact schematic produces fogs that act as automatic DRLs and can be activated manually with the key out of the ignition. I'm no electrical engineer, but this setup has been working flawlessly for months.
Scan_201704262.png

Video:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online