ABS speed sensor connector broke

oster200

Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
United States
So the female side broke to the abs speed sensor. I was turning my wheel and I heard a noise and the abs light came on. Checked it today and the wires on the female side broke.

The number on the connector says PA6-GB20 GF10 this one is a 2 pin and the ones that I saw were not the right pin count. I was wondering if I could just get the female side. If not I will just cut the other side and solder the wires together.

Here are the pics https://imgur.com/gallery/L9LUx

This is for a 05 trailblazer LT

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You have a pick-a-part nearby? I'd just grab one there and splice it in. You could just splice them together too but you would have to splice it again if you have to replace the hub.

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
Can he just pull the plug apart and crimp on new pins?

A pick-n-pull would be the easiest save that. I actually just grabbed a speed sensor for mine last week. Easy fix! You might want to reinforce the plug's connection to the frame. It should be connected by a plastic clip at the plug. I'm guessing it was dangling and the wires snapped getting snagged.

oster200

Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
United States
I ended up just cutting the other side of the connector off. All the pick-n-pulls around me are about an hour away and since I could fix this at home and spend nothing I decided to do that. I was just seeing if I could purchase it online but it seemed the best way to get it was from a pick-n-pull. To make things easier in the future for what ever reason, I added my own connectors so I could still take it apart right there.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online