ABS question EBCM relay location

fredhouse

Original poster
Apr 17, 2012
My abs light came on yesterday,i had scanned with 2 codes c0227 Wheel Speed Sensor Left and c0265 ebcm relay circuit . I did check the ground which i broke the nut so i drilled a new hole and replaced. I know where the speed censor is but i don't know where to find the ebcm relay circuit.Thank you for all your help

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
fredhouse said:
MY ABS LIGHT CAME ON LAST NIGHT,I TOOK TO MONROE THIS MORNING TO HAVE SCANNED. THEY TOLD ME 2 PROBLEMS wheel speed sensor ON LEFT SIDE AND A EBS RELAY. IM NOT SURE WHERE TO FIND THIS RELAY.THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP

No such relay on the early model years, and possibly later model years too. The only thing related to ABS in the power block is a fuse (#33, underhood).

In your owner's manual, there is a complete diagram of fuses and relays, and what they do.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
fredhouse;226005 said:
MY ABS LIGHT CAME ON LAST NIGHT,I TOOK TO MONROE THIS MORNING TO HAVE SCANNED. THEY TOLD ME 2 PROBLEMS wheel speed sensor ON LEFT SIDE AND A EBS RELAY. IM NOT SURE WHERE TO FIND THIS RELAY.THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Ebcm? That's located under the car in front of the fuel tank. Check the ground and clean it up, located near the crossmember.

The wheel speed sensor is part of the wheel bearing.

Ignition switch might also be suspect, if I remember correctly. In the past people have had problems with the ABS because of a bad ignition switch.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Hypnotoad said:
Ignition switch might also be suspect, if I remember correctly. In the past people have had problems with the ABS because of a bad ignition switch.

A lot of things happen with that ignition switch. I suspect there's even a self-destruct mode built into our ignition switches :yes:

Are they any problems other than the ABS lamp, and the codes they told you?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
fredhouse said:

You may want to kill the caps lock. People don't like to feel like they are being yelled at.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online