A rare XUV sighting today

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
That was/is an unusual truck. A try to be pick 'em up and a SUV. I think they called it a XUV because no one, at GM, could figure out what it was, haha.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Those XUVs are pretty interesting rigs. I have only ever seen one in person and that was in the GM Dealership about a month or so after they came out. Ironically enough it was the same GMC Dealership where i bought my Trailblazer from.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
jrSS said:
I see them all the time around here.

But,you won't tell us where "around here" is....:confused:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Northern INDIANA. In the post month I've seen around 4 of them. That's all the time around here. :raspberry:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
northcreek said:
But,you won't tell us where "around here" is....:confused:

I think about 20 minutes west of The Kountry Kitchen Restaurant in Albion Indiana...:biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea, they aren't rare here in Ohio either... I see one just about everyday... whether its at work, or while out joggin... pretty unique vehicles, that's for sure...

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
I keep watching for them around here but as of yet no luck, Starting to notice more and more Trailblazer EXTs and Envoy XLs though

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I see them around here every so often.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I see a good amount here also although they aren't in good shape. Would like to see a nice one that's well taken care of like the one in 1st post.

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
TexazReece said:
I see a good amount here also although they aren't in good shape. Would like to see a nice one that's well taken care of like the one in 1st post.

Same area as you, there's one a block away from my moms house and a teacher at my high school drives one. See some on the roads but not many. All are average that I see

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I don't really care for the looks of the back end of it but I guess those that own one have a purpose for it. I do like that the taillight looks all red with no orange signal part and I also like the reverse light which has no dumb red reflector on it. I wonder if the reverse lights are aftermarket or stock?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Those would be stock.

Other than mine, I don't see them very often around where I live currently. There is a white one that shows up every so often at the Chinese Buffett that has some VERY LARGE whales/women getting out of it.

When I lived back in Missouri, my truck had an identical twin running around, V8, Silver, moonroof, etc. Never could find out where the guy stopped at to talk to him thou.

Everytime I "show off" why I love my XUV, people are amazed. I use the pickup section regularly. Just brought home a 7 foot computer rack the other day. Had some 8500 dollars worth of appliances in it last year.

I carry around my SnowMobile in it regularly, at least until I get my wife one. Then back to the trailer. I haul my ATV in it as well when it needs to be taken to the shop.

Love my XUV, just wish GM had bothered with fit and finish for the rest of the truck..

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
There are 2 or 3 running around Belmont County. One is the one I almost bought - silver, V8, loaded. Passed on it . .. figured too many motors/electrical to fail. Wish I would have gotten it though, cheaper, less miles than my TB. Plus the lwb would be nice. Oh well - woulda, coulda, shoulda right?

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
See them every week or so in Oakland, California area. Most are not as well kept as the OP pic.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
vuqahu9y.jpg
Saw this Jesus XUV in the parking lot where I'm working today.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
A woman I work with has a maroon, 2004?, xuv. Bald ass all seasons, cracked/missing grill on d side of logo. politically motivated sticker(s). Has a late 90s Jimmy too she's driven. Think that's her gf's though... I tried making small talk about her ride and she starts going off about not making it up a hill (2wd?!? Lol, its your tires!). Peeked inside when I saw leather seats and wow. Just wow. That thing was a sty:eek:

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
Playsinsnow said:
A woman I work with has a maroon, 2004?, xuv. Bald ass all seasons, cracked/missing grill on d side of logo. politically motivated sticker(s). Has a late 90s Jimmy too she's driven. Think that's her gf's though... I tried making small talk about her ride and she starts going off about not making it up a hill (2wd?!? Lol, its your tires!). Peeked inside when I saw leather seats and wow. Just wow. That thing was a sty:eek:

Its hard to believe how much money ppl will spend on a vehicle and let it go to shit. Drives me nuts.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
y8u6e4en.jpg
ybera4a6.jpg
I have seen 2 today. A black one when i was out to lunch and this one. I've never seen this shade of green before.

Scott_mcd

Jul 29, 2012
Seen this XUV on a car lot here. I'm not sure how much they want for it. The back bumper is all scrapped up.
ahu6adag.jpg

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Spotted this one while out to dinner at Valley Vineyards last night. Seems like it would make a fun company car for whoever owns the catering co. advertised on it.

View attachment 28865

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371299758.891259.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371299758.891259.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 54

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Around the block from my house. I'm pretty sure they don't live there though, I've never seen it before.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371330568130.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371330568130.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 11

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
On my way to work yesterday, ran across a white one.. Not sure the look he was going for, but it looked good. It was white, with White painted inlays on the headlights, Chrome rims, with white stripes (like Phantom has), looked like 20's, Not sure if it was tint or what, but the back windows were white as well. Taillight guards (which I didn't even know were available for the XUV), OEM front bumper overlay.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online