4.2L to 6.0L fuel system

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
As a lot of you know I'm swapping the 4.2 to the 6.0. That's a different thread.

Well I'm stuck now and I can't find any info on how to setup the fuel system.

I posted a thread on TBSS because I figure who would know the SSs better then them. It seems that the ones that do know either don't care or are to busy.

I asked Frank on how to set it up because he just did a similar build, but I believe he might be to busy to answer me.

So here's what I know I need:
Walbro 255
Fuel filter/regulator
my existing charcoal filter

I have the lines that feed the rails and come and come back to the fuel tank.

That's all I know, I don't know how to plumb the tank to anything else.

I have the tank down so if anyone needs pics let me know.

Thanks

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Federal Regulations usually prohibit the re-sale of Used Automotive Fuel Container Systems due to the high rate of catastrophic failures from re-installing sub-standard fuel tanks that have been damaged either from accidents or from age and corrosion related events that can compromise the safety of any fuel delivery system. However... since most modern gas tanks for the GMT Vehicles are made of some type of forgiving, flexible plastic or Polyethylene material... perhaps the easiest solution is to just R&R using one from a local Junk Yard that was originally designed for bigger fuel consumption and hose placements and lines to suit your exchange V-8.

THE LIMITATION YOU MIGHT FACE WILL BE WHETHER THE LARGER CAPACITY REPLACEMENT TANK FOR THE V8 DESIGN WILL FIT UNDER AN LS BODY FRAME MOUNTING SET UP! KNOWING THAT GOING IN WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF GRIEF!

This video is one of the better ones available (if you don't mind the occasional salty language he uses... and which I find very refreshing...) that shows a very effective way to handle the removal of the gas tank with all of its complications to either replace or rebuild the Fuel Pump and of course it will give you a good opportunity to observe the fuel lines, attachments and observe the Vapor Recovery System as well. THIS GUY MUST BE A MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING....WATCH ALL THE WAY TO THE END AND LISTEN TO THE PROPS HE GIVES TO GMT NATION!

More possibilities here:
https://www.google.com/#q=chevrolet+trailblazer+ss+fuel+tank+diagram

Attachments

• 030815TS03-229.JPG
    030815TS03-229.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher