4.2 Dowel pins

Mike w

Original poster
Jun 24, 2014
Does anybody know the part number for the dowel pins on a 4.2 block? I need to replace them my flex plate cracked twice and I am betting those got messed up pulling/Installing the transmission.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Browse around here and see what looks appropriate. You can amplify your search for your specific vehicle ...and see what pops. It is important to remember that the GM 4L60E Transmission is THE Ubiquitous Standard for ALL of them... and so they MUST have a common Dowel Pin Size to mate up with each other...with a possible variation in their LENGTH. "You can't go wrong if they're A Bit TOO long":

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw...12&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&rmvSB=true

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Dealer is probably the only place to get them new. Learned that when I needed one for the head on my 5.3. But they shouldn't need replacing if it's the ones on the bellhousing unless they got damaged.

Mike w

Original poster
Jun 24, 2014
thanks guys i have to buy the flexplate from the dealer too those are hard to find new as well the dealer sells them for a cool 116.00

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Have you searched on gmpartsdirect.com ? Perhaps they will sell them less dearly...

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Thanks Mac... I too just HAD to pull the trigger for my own Donor Motor... (1 of these is still left on Amazon...) and it ran around $83.00 with Florida State Sales Tax & Free S&H selected).

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.