22 TBSS replicas

Diezelbonez

Original poster
Mar 10, 2013
Hey guys I was about to get the 22x9 tbss replicas, but tony told me to do a tire set up in the rear - 285/40R22 and 265/40/R22 upfront. Anyone have any pictures of what the rear would look like on the rim and from behind with a 285/40-35R22 by any chance? before i buy the tires

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
The 285's are just a little wider...and maybe a tad taller. Guys with tbss go with the staggered for more of an aggressive look. 265 40 will look fine on all 4's.

JOHNER

Sep 26, 2013
I got 265/40/22 all around on mine, look great, no rub. Thinking 285/35/22 next go around.

SimplySlim

Jun 15, 2013
Louisville, KY
I have a 2005 LS going to be putting a set of gunmetal 22" replica SS' on hopefully by next summer (and going to throw the eibach springs with the HD Belkeins under) you all have any issues with your TB's from stock to aftermarket on anything?

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
Just make sure you are aware of what the ride height will look like with the new wheels so that you choose the right type of shocks to get you there. It would suck to do the work to put the shocks in and realize you don't like the spacig between the wheels and the fender well. I'm on tapatalk so I can't see what ride you have but if u have 4x4 u need same size wheels and tires all around

SimplySlim

Jun 15, 2013
Louisville, KY
xtitan1 said:
Just make sure you are aware of what the ride height will look like with the new wheels so that you choose the right type of shocks to get you there. It would suck to do the work to put the shocks in and realize you don't like the spacig between the wheels and the fender well. I'm on tapatalk so I can't see what ride you have but if u have 4x4 u need same size wheels and tires all around

Well that's the plan is reduce the gap and bring the ride to level, I'm not a high rider fan per say... I prefer to be a bit closer to the ground lol My LS is stock height (since you can't see it)

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
SimplySlim said:
Well that's the plan is reduce the gap and bring the ride to level, I'm not a high rider fan per say... I prefer to be a bit closer to the ground lol My LS is stock height (since you can't see it)

Cool. I'd just go with what Tony says. Ask for an example picture of a TB with 22s and the suspension he is suggesting. Or alternatively show HIM a picture. He can like tell by eye.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
No pictures, but with that setup the rears would be 2 cm wider than the front, and would have 8 mm extra sidewall, so 1.6 cm taller total.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.