2014 Chevrolet Tahoe Caught Testing in Michigan

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Can now add the Cadi to the spy list.

Spied: All-new 2014 Cadillac Escalade

Our intrepid spy photographer has just nabbed the next-generation 2014 Cadillac Escalade undergoing testing not far from General Motors' engineering offices in Michigan.

Although the standard wheelbase prototype is wearing considerable camouflage, its proportions and its big front grille and complex wheels clearly indicate that it is an Escalade rather than its GMC Yukon and Chevrolet Tahoe platform mates.

All three will ride on a new ladder frame derived from the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups. As we can see from these photos, the Escalade appears to retain its solid rear axle, a move that won't necessarily improve ride quality but will aid durability for limo users and drivers who tow trailers.

These photos don't give us a glimpse of the Escalade's new interior, but it's safe to assume that a version of Cadillac's new CUE infotainment system will be on board. We expect that the Escalade will use a particularly large touch screen for its CUE system.

Stylistically, the Escalade should adopt the swept-back headlamps seen on the Cadillac ATS and XTS. The lamps on this prototype appear to be missing their covers, while the LED tail lights are obviously not production units. Two wheelbases will again be available.

The current Escalade launched all the way back in 2007, which means that 2013 is it its seventh year. In that time, it has been eclipsed by rivals like the Mercedes-Benz GL-Class and the Infiniti QX56 in terms of features and design. Still, the king of bling remains hot with consumers and livery drivers.

The 2014 Cadillac Escalade should debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January.

Attachments

• escalade-spy-ri_653.jpg
    escalade-spy-ri_653.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 43

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
I don't know about you guys but I personally can't wait for the 2014 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalades to come out. My TB is getting a little long in the tooth and as soon as a newer generation comes out the 2007-2013 Tahoes will be priced a bit more in my favor. I will hopefully get an '08 or '09 Z71 or LTZ. Can't wait!!! But I still plan on driving the crap out of my TB until I really NEED to replace it, not just because I WANT to.... :biggrin:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Eh....I have the truck I've always wanted. Not interested in a huge mall crawler. They do look nice tho.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
jrSS said:
Eh....I have the truck I've always wanted. Not interested in a huge mall crawler. They do look nice tho.

A couple years ago I test drove a 2006 SS- should've pulled the trigger.:frown: But I have always liked the Tahoes ever since my Dad first got one in 95...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I wonder if the Tahoe/Suburban will go with the Darth Vader and the Yukon will have happy derp face again.

lol never thought of it that way, but fitting!

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
From the Chevrolet Facebook page:
Chevrolet said:
Suburban and Tahoe fans, we have big news to announce: On Thursday, Sept. 12 in New York City, we’re revealing the all-new 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban full-size SUVs. Keep checking back here for more. What are you most excited for in the new SUVs?
1240141_10151839887212296_1374833732_n.png

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
NO ME GUSTA!!! Oh well, all this means to me is that the NNBS 2007-2013s that I do like will drop in price when I get to seriously considering picking one up. Around here they're all still $24k+up for clean low miles used with options that I want.

The interior looks soooooo much nicer/more refined though...

I wonder if the 2015's and up will be called the NNNBS on the inter-webz...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That little triangle that covers part of the headlight looks... weird. How are you supposed to get the headlight out for changing bulbs?

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Heres pics of the 2015 yukon
I dunno.... The tahoe and yukon dont look as promising as i thought... Theres something about them that really make me scratch my head. But the back looks like an updated version of the current models

They have a 5.3 and a 6.2 model
The 6.2-liter V-8, rated at roughly 420 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque

2015 Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe, 2015 GMC Yukon photos, specifications, price - Autoweek

Hopefully the cadillac looks something more cadillacy like this lol

Interior is awesome though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 93

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Yo Ryda you posted a pic of the current and slightly updated Escalade:rotfl:

Oops my bad dogg lol I know I must be sleepy because I didn't even see the link until after I posted :duh::bonk:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Heres pics of the 2015 yukon
I dunno.... The tahoe and yukon dont look as promising as i thought... Theres something about them that really make me scratch my head. But the back looks like an updated version of the current models

They have a 5.3 and a 6.2 model
The 6.2-liter V-8, rated at roughly 420 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque

2015 Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe, 2015 GMC Yukon photos, specifications, price - Autoweek

Hopefully the cadillac looks something more cadillacy like this lol

Interior is awesome though

:eek:

Looks like a grown up traverse/equinox. I will definitely be looking for later models in the previous body styles when the time comes. The side shot of both GMC/CHEV reminds me of the new 4Runner with the tall stance and rear end, especially up top.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
TexazReece said:
Yo Ryda you posted a pic of the current and slightly updated Escalade:rotfl:

Oops my bad dogg lol I know I must be sleepy because I didn't even see the link until after I posted :duh::bonk:

Hahahaha we're all a little out of it :thumbsup:
... Some more than others :rotfl: :wink:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
They look decent. I really didn't like the NNBS when they came out but I warmed up to it.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Damn those look nice. But no way am I paying $60k for a brand new vehicle when in a couple years itll be worth at least half that.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
General Motors has confirmed it is mulling the development of off-road-focused versions of the recently-unveiled Chevrolet Tahoe / Suburban and GMC Yukon / Yukon XL.

"We are looking at, for this generation, a more off-road variant [of the trucks]," confirmed Jeff Luke, the executive chief engineer for GM trucks, in an interview with industry publication Automotive News.

Read more: GM mulling off-road variants of new SUVs
Read more at GM mulling off-road variants of new SUVs

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Teaser Cadillac Escalade Interior
cadillac-escalade-interior-1_1200.jpg

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
They are def interesting but...like a few others im more interested in seeing them come out with a 2nd gen Trailblazer...

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Darkrider_LS said:
They are def interesting but...like a few others im more interested in seeing them come out with a 2nd gen Trailblazer...

Yeah, don't know why they haven't offered a Colorado based SUV, most of the work is already done,,:confused::confused::confused:

jstrut

Jul 31, 2013
I was driving near Detroit on Monday and saw a new Tahoe with all the "undercover" Cladding on front and back and just like the picture shows it had an oval in the front as I saw it in my rearview mirror first but as it went by it had bow ties on the rims and looked exactly as the picture shows. It was kinda neat to see that first hand. Would have gotten a picture but seeing as they passed me doing about 90 on the highway i didn't have time to snap one.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
cadillac-escalade-live-1_653.jpg

Entering its fourth generation, the Cadillac Escalade becomes more differentiated than ever from its General Motors brethren thanks to a newfound emphasis on style and premium accommodations.

Arriving in dealers next spring, the 2015 Escalade will once again be available in two configurations - standard length and ESV (the departed EXT pickup was dropped a couple of years ago). Similarly, it remains available with both rear or all-wheel-drive and a 6.2-liter V8 engine comes as standard equipment. Despite the similar-sounding spec sheet, the Escalade is all new inside, outside, underneath and in its engine bay.

Read more: Unveiled: 2015 Cadillac Escalade
Read more at Unveiled: 2015 Cadillac Escalade

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
I saw a new GMC Yukon this morning on the way into work. I-75 near Auburn Hills. It had the same major body lines as the Escalade pictured above, but with the new C shaped DRL's like other GMCs recently adorned.

It was HUGE and it was beautiful.... :thumbsup:

Wish I would have had my camera handy... :-(

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Spotted a 2015 Suburban in Metamora yesterday morning. It was pulling an enclosed contsruction trailer, and wasn't wearing any of the body cladding or anything. In fact, it looked like it was just a contractor going to work. These aren't supposed to be available until next spring, but this looked like just some guy going about his day.

Just a note, Where I work in Oxford is on a dirt road and apparently just north of one of Chrysler's testing facilities, cause every single day like clockwork, a group of 3-5 brand new Chrysler vehicles with Manufacturer plates go past work just as I am leaving. They drive in a pack just spread out enough that they are a pain to pass on the curvy back roads, and they drive 15 mph, and refuse to move over and let anyone by. I drive a 99 Taurus named Manure, going 55 through the woods, so we clash a little bit every day. Its a fun little battle every evening.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Almost lookin' forward to getting busted:no:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Silver Trooper said:
I know I like driving my 2008, former NCHP. They really do take care of their vehicles.

You have a NCHP Hoe?

Jul 23, 2012
Porkins said:
You have a NCHP Hoe?

Bought it off Ebay about a month ago. Had 141K on the clock and I paid $12900. When they order, they order with resale in mind and get carpet, dual power seats, CD player and more. They keep meticulous records and they came with the truck. It was a marked vehicle, but they pulled the decals very carefully and filled in the holes in the hatch where the lights were. Inside everything was attached with velcro so the only holes were from one mount on the floor under the dash.

All in all, probably the best vehicle I have ever bought on line.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Silver Trooper said:
Bought it off Ebay about a month ago. Had 141K on the clock and I paid $12900. When they order, they order with resale in mind and get carpet, dual power seats, CD player and more. They keep meticulous records and they came with the truck. It was a marked vehicle, but they pulled the decals very carefully and filled in the holes in the hatch where the lights were. Inside everything was attached with velcro so the only holes were from one mount on the floor under the dash.

All in all, probably the best vehicle I have ever bought on line.

You know what must be done...posting dem pics!

Jul 23, 2012
Darkrider_LS said:
You know what must be done...posting dem pics!

And here you go.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!rMFH7jnviDoBSFmyTwg6Q~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!rMFH7jnviDoBSFmyTwg6Q~~60_3.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 51
  • $(KGrHqF,!qcFH748sFTpBSFmykI1P!~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!qcFH748sFTpBSFmykI1P!~~60_3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 51
  • $T2eC16N,!zcE9s4g0-ZUBSFmywYSVw~~60_3.jpg
    $T2eC16N,!zcE9s4g0-ZUBSFmywYSVw~~60_3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 51
  • $(KGrHqV,!k8FH6QCZ4q1BSFm0HUUYg~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqV,!k8FH6QCZ4q1BSFm0HUUYg~~60_3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 51
  • $T2eC16d,!yUE9s6NFmq+BSFmzsc9CQ~~60_3.jpg
    $T2eC16d,!yUE9s6NFmq+BSFmzsc9CQ~~60_3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 51

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
Hhave a cigar! looks like another over priced crossover folks. I'm hoping to break into a lightly used 4runner in about a year, priced about the same and still a SUV.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online