FOR SALE 2011 Chevrolet Caprice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Shit, shit shit! Why didn't I wait instead of buying the TB? This would have been so badass!
2011 Chevrolet Caprice

Reactions: rizzo20 and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Damn man, you could of gotten your hands on this beast, which is hard to come by.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So what's wrong with pursuit version? I have some inside knowledge on it. It did not idle so much and was not put on patrol duties.

These are extremely rare. I don't know of any PD in Canada that use them.

I'm not so worried about the debt, it's da wife that scares me. I'd like to retire with my nuts intact!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
So what's wrong with pursuit version? I have some inside knowledge on it. It did not idle so much and was not put on patrol duties.

These are extremely rare. I don't know of any PD in Canada that use them.

I'm not so worried about the debt, it's da wife that scares me. I'd like to retire with my nuts intact!
There's nothing wrong with it, as far as I know there was only 1 version of this Caprice since its use in Police forces. Those things are monsters, many people don't even come across them unless they look on government auction websites. If someone is able to get their hands on one and purchase it, they better do-so or else it'll get snatched up quick by someone else. People who buy these Caprice's know what they are, they're not some average-joe, they're people like us.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
There's nothing wrong with it, as far as I know there was only 1 version of this Caprice since its use in Police forces. Those things are monsters, many people don't even come across them unless they look on government auction websites. If someone is able to get their hands on one and purchase it, they better do-so or else it'll get snatched up quick by someone else. People who buy these Caprice's know what they are, they're not some average-joe, they're people like us.
They came in Detective and Pursuit. The Pursuit has the police style center console with window switches and door locks on the doors and the detective has the window switches and door locks in a civilian style center console. I've done more research on these than on my own truck :rotfl:

Reactions: rizzo20

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Wow...I'm even impressed...
I didn't know a thing about this model before this post.
First thought...oh - a used cop car... w/80K...but probably a ton of hours on the motor. That says RWD? Must be a misprint...Hmm...VIN starts w/ '6'...is that Mexico, like '3' is?
Then I saw the motor... is that a V8? Did they stuff a 5.3 in there?
Then I saw the emissions label... holy s#!t ! 6.0L ? GM built this?
Then I saw the mfg label - GM Holden. Australia, baby!

6.0L and RWD... :salivate: That's a baad po-po mobile... :popo:

I already have two vehicles... and no room for this one...otherwise... "Oh, Canada!" Road trip! Although I wonder what the deal would be on 'importing' it - maybe used ones are easier to obtain registration for, vs. new - ?

My sympathies to the Moose. :Banghead:
Hey, look at all you couldn't carry with the Caprice, vs. the new TB :2thumbsup:

Reactions: Tiggerr and rizzo20

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
There's so many awesome videos of people beefing these things up even more. They sounds uber sexy with a cam :drooling:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I can see a cam and tuning the shit out of it. Basically just throw a bunch of 'Vette parts at it and empty my bank account on tires.

To me, it would be the rarity of it. And I thought the Saab was rare.

I think it looks cool. Maybe the colour just reminds too much of cop cars :biggrin:

Reactions: Tiggerr and Capote

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The more I look into these, the more I'm tempted. There seems to be a nice community out there for the Caprice PPV.

As for the wife, I might go with "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission". I don't need my nuts anyway. She has a thing for Caprice's/Impala's anyway from her childhood so it might just fly. I just won't tell her its true breeding :biggrin:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I can see a cam and tuning the shit out of it. Basically just throw a bunch of 'Vette parts at it and empty my bank account on tires.

One thing I've thought of, since I first read this post...
I have a friend at work who is a bit heavy on the go pedal (although these days, he drives one of those Prius C's...go figure).

Anyway...he used to have a Crown Vic - in white - so especially from the front, it looked like a plain wrapper. So much so, that when he was behind people on the expressway - everyone he was behind would slow down & start driving closer to the limit - in the fast lane. He hated it...LOL

Be careful the same doesn't happen to you, Mooseman (although I'm guessing your end of the world is a lot less crowded than metro Chicago!)

Reactions: Tiggerr

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
One thing I've thought of, since I first read this post...
I have a friend at work who is a bit heavy on the go pedal (although these days, he drives one of those Prius C's...go figure).

Anyway...he used to have a Crown Vic - in white - so especially from the front, it looked like a plain wrapper. So much so, that when he was behind people on the expressway - everyone he was behind would slow down & start driving closer to the limit - in the fast lane. He hated it...LOL

Be careful the same doesn't happen to you, Mooseman (although I'm guessing your end of the world is a lot less crowded than metro Chicago!)
I've only seen 2 of these Caprice's, they were both black and belonged to the Sheriff. They're not common at all, and thus wouldn't have that very recognizable look of a police car front-end and headlights. Not like Charger's and Vic's. Those always have me cautious until I can identify it doesn't have a light bar, steelies, or reflective logos.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There are none here and nobody knows about them so that wouldn't be an issue here. And unless one of those used car lots that usually bid on these gov't vehicles actually knows what they are, I could scoop it up for cheap. I and know from a reliable source that it was not abused or do any idling like regular patrol units. It was not outfitted with lights or anything except possibly a radio.

And from that same source, he just called it a rocket.

It's an extremely rare gem. :salivate:

Reactions: Tiggerr and Capote

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Status update. Worked the wife a bit tonight and the Caprice childhood thing worked. :satan:

The trade-off, literally, would be the Saab would have to go. I figured that and that's what I was thinking anyway. I love the weird looks and comments I get with it but the sheer rarity and awesomeness of the Caprice would beat it hands down.

Stay tuned....

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Status update. Worked the wife a bit tonight and the Caprice childhood thing worked. :satan:

The trade-off, literally, would be the Saab would have to go. I figured that and that's what I was thinking anyway. I love the weird looks and comments I get with it but the sheer rarity and awesomeness of the Caprice would beat it hands down.

Stay tuned....
I can't believe this is happening, oh my god :cool::crackup:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ahem, your attention please...

I WON !!!!!!!!!!
:celebrate::2thumbsup::bonk::dance::jawdrop2::rotfl::woohoo:

I can't believe it! They had a minimum bid of $7000. I put a bid for $8522.13CAD. That's $6391 USD! I can't f******g believe it!

Man, I've never been so excited about winning a bid before, even the TB.

My buddy just checked and Carguru has 13 for sale with around 50k miles for around $18k USD! Wow!

But I'm also sad because that means I have to sell the Saab :worried:

Last edited:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

I WON !!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it! They had a minimum bid of $7000. I put a bid for $8522.13CAD. That's $6391 USD! I can't f******g believe it!

My buddy just checked and Carguru has 13 for sale with around 50k miles for around $18k USD! Wow!

Jesus Christ man! I've never seen one go for so low!!! CONGRATS MY MAN! :2thumbsup::Lager Louts::goodpost::tiphat::thumbsup:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
She needs a lot or work. Canadian winters took a toll on the body.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: Mooseman

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015

I WON !!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, Moose...that is one helluva deal...:celebrate::dance::woohoo:

355hp / 345tq (?), with the following goodies...
All cars will get police-duty upgrades, including a high-output alternator; auxiliary coolers for engine oil, transmission fluid, and power-steering fluid; 18-inch steel wheels; four-wheel disc brakes with beefier brake pads; and police-calibrated stability control. A large touch-screen interface for primary vehicle controls is integrated into the center console, as well. Two batteries are mounted in the trunk, one for the engine and the other for accessories like computers, lights, and radar guns.

All of this, and in a nice looking body (I like it better than the old G8, for sure).

Only issue is that with that outlay for the car, there's gonna be extra $$$ for some bolt-on go fast goodies....LMAO

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Congrats!

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Thanks gents. I'll be paying it tonight and probably picking it up hopefully tomorrow.

Deals are good. My son just picked up an 04 silvy 2wd for $1700 . It has brake issues and the tranny may be shot but it comes with a rreplacement. And they're even towing it to.our place!

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I need to have you find another Silverado for me... I have a saved search in cars.com for a gmt 1500 / 2500 under USD $10K, w/ email notifications.

If you found one anywhere near $1700 CAD, I could have it transported back here & still be $ ahead.

Reactions: Tiggerr

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm tellin' ya, I've got the Midas touch lately. I should buy a lotto ticket, LOL!

Just paid it and printed the receipts and stuff for the pickup. Just like the TB, I have to pick up the registration, get it registered with a temporary 10 day validation at the MOT and go get my baby!

Already lookin' at mods. Wheels are definitely first on the list. :undecided:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm gonna close this thread with this last post. I will probably talk about it in the off-topic or something later on.

Well, got it home. This thing is sick! Punched it and it was just raw power. Then I discovered the Sport Shift mode switch and it was insane! This thing pinned me in my seat.

The airbag gave a code for the passenger belt pretensioner high resistance. Hopefully it's just a wiring or connection issue.

Now the real "fun" begins. I tried to get insurance and was turned down by two companies. Said that because it was not available to the public, it's considered a commercial only vehicle. Huh? As soon as they punch in the VIN, they get an error and say, sorry. I'm gonna have to shop for specialty insurance, which probably means I'll have to bend over.

And another oddity, the MOT has it registered with fuel type "diesel/butane". Probably because it's a one-off, they probably used the wrong letter for the fuel type.

Last note, from searching on a forum dedicated to this platform, only FOUR of these have ever made it to Canada. Now that's rare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online