2010 suburban headlight issue

joseph.grass.50

Original poster
Jul 11, 2014
My right low beam headlight is out on my suburban. I've changed the bulb, but the last one didn't look bad. Changed the fuse, it didn't look bad either. Nothing works. The high beam works fine, just the low beam. I also have a 2012 Chevy truck. It did the same thing but when I popped the hood to have a look and check to see if the harness was connected ok, nothing. So I shut the hood and what do you know, the headlight came back on. It has went out once more and all i did was open the hood and shut it and it comes back on again. Any suggestion? I'd rather try to fix myself if it's not to complicated. Thanks.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Have you tried swapping the low beam relay (in both cars) with another relay that has the same part number on it? For your truck it could be a relay stuck off that gets freed when the hood jars it. For the suburban, might just be a bad relay.

EDIT-

My bad, that will still apply to your truck but I just realized you said that it was your right bulb on the suburban instead of both.

Is the plug discolored? Have you tried tracing the wires a bit?

joseph.grass.50

Original poster
Jul 11, 2014
The only other thing I've done is bought another connector piece that connects to the bulb. I had to splice and reconnect but on the bulb side of the harness. The guys at the part store said maybe it had a bad connection. Well that didn't work. And also it's the same headlight on both vehicles. Right low beam light. I haven't traced the wires back. There all in the harness and I wouldn't know what wires to check even if I figured out where it went.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online