2008 Trailblazer REAR UPPER Control Arms

kenzoil

Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
I have to replace both REAR Upper control arms on my 08 trailblazer. They both rotted right through and most of them are missing. I ordered (2) new arms, but I see there is an orientation to them, with the bushings welded on angles to the strut piece of metal. Can someone show me the correct direction and orientation with a picture of how they should go? Does it matter which end goes up front or which end goes to the rear support attachment? Thanks for any help!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Calling @Mooseman , please pick up the white courtesy phone...

Cant help you, sorry.. We dont have a lot of that rust monster here in Colorado (thankfully!)..

But I believe @Mooseman can help you

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
having done my 2008 this past summer, it will be "obvious" once you bolt on one end (not totally tight) at the top "cup"... the other end will NOT aligned (ie side to side / in / out), not talking about the front / back alignment which might take a nudge to align. I thought the control arms were "perfectly symetrical" so that they could be connected either way... NOT.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Calling @Mooseman , please pick up the white courtesy phone...
airplane-movie-quotes-07.jpg

Sorry. picked up the red phone because I don't know.

However, looking up the parts, they're both the same number for both sides. IIRC, they do have a slight angle to them, which means they'd have to be rotated for each side so I don't think the welded seam side matters but the orientation does.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Maybe some more looks at the R&R in THIS Video will contribute:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online