SOLVED: 2008 Envoy Denali TPMS issues

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What pressure is showing on the others?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
34FR 38RR 38RL. Everything seems to have cleared up after I shut it down for a few hours. We will see what's going to happen next. Lol. I gotta go find the original or buy a set of regular bulbs for the license plate.

56napco

Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
Iowa
I don't remember seeing that before but on mine the RF did read higher than the other three wheels. Mine would go to dashed lines then start reading again then back to dashed lines.

56napco

Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
Iowa
So, I installed a pair of Cree LED bulbs in the license plate lights this weekend. No TPMS light this morning but the RF read 1 PSI higher than the rest of the wheels. So far so good with these LED's but will keep an eye on it

56napco

Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
Iowa
20 degrees this morning, TPMS light came on in the usual spot again. It was warmer the last two days so the cold must make the sensor battery weaker or signal weaker. Going to switch back to standard bulbs and leave it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I unsolved your title. I also think it's an issue with the sensor. I had issues with sensors on new vehicle but perfect service from a set of new take-offs from eBay. Go figure.

56napco

Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
Iowa
I don't believe it's a sensor. With the standard 194 bulbs installed there were no warning lights at all, no intermittent readings and no issues with the keyless remotes regardless of if the headlights were on or not. With the LED bulbs, the TPMS light comes on when the headlights are on and the issue is repeatable. In my case, I'm going to say it's solved by switching back to 194 bulbs.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So it is solved with the regular bulbs, even in the cold? I'll leave it unsolved until it really is confirmed solved!

56napco

Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
Iowa
This is correct, I ran regular bulbs from January 13 until February 5th with no issues. I am going to put those bulbs back in tonight and tomorrow is going to be similar weather as today with temps in the 20's so I will report back then.

Reactions: xavierny25

56napco

Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
Iowa
Last night I removed the LED's and put back in the standard 194 bulbs. Had 9 degrees this morning, no TPMS light. I'm leaving the standard bulbs in from here on.

Jkb242

May 19, 2019
CLT
Probably just one particular brand or type that causes it and there are lots out there.
I realize this is a really old post but just wanted to add that I believe this issue is being caused by the dining circuit in the dash which works fine for incandescent lamps that were the original lamps but the aftermarket LED’s would require an on board circuit like PWM to make dimming possible. It’s quite likely that is the source of the interference reported TPMS circuit. The switching of the diode (a nonlinear component) would be quite suspect and since removing the LED, it appears the issue was resolved.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.