Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
That's a good looking saab aero for that price tag. What would cost to bring it and have it registered here in the states?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hold on. I might be buying it after all. See my other post.

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
That's a pretty good price for a 2008, especially from a dealer. What is an Aero model anyway?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A Saab version of an SS.

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
Not sure why, but all the very good prices I have seen on TBSSs have been in Quebec. Shop cautiously. Hope it works out for you.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Although that may be true, it's near impossible to find body parts for these trucks so a rebuild would be costly. Used parts are possible but they know the rarity and adjust their prices accordingly.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
NEED MONEY! I should start a GoFundMe :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Shit...they start them for less...Fucking scammer lazy pieces of chit

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I want that aero .

Mike w

Jun 24, 2014
Hey I just noticed it was posted in July 2015 that's a while ago seems weird to have not sold yet.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Still sounds a little fishy to me.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hey I just noticed it was posted in July 2015 that's a while ago seems weird to have not sold yet.

What are you talking about?
Aero Listing.jpg

Mike w

Jun 24, 2014
It showed a different date on my tablet idk it's showing that date now lol

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What you saw is the date that the user joined, on the right, just above his phone number.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Did you buy it?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
If he waits too much longer I'm getting pretty close to doing it for him. :rotfl:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Still trying to find the money. Apparently selling human organs is frowned upon.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Damned, that truck is still calling my name. Still for sale. I did talk to the dealer when I almost pulled the trigger and she said that apparently it just needs an exhaust manifold. I was in the car and almost on the highway with a friend to go buy it :sadcry:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1234262923&siteLocale=en_CA

There were some financial issues that prevented me from doing it. For one, I would have to pay sales tax to Quebec ($1347) and then again to Ontario ($1170). I can get a refund of the Quebec tax after paying the Ontario tax but I'd be waiting months to get it back. And I'm also looking at buying an '07 TB from my work that will be going to auction. It's a low km LS that was garaged all its life and is in mint condition.

I think I'll go for the TB first for practicality and if I fail to get it, get the Aero if it's still available. :goodevil:

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
There were some financial issues that prevented me from doing it.
They can't ship it to a local dealer? They do that all the time in Colorado for anyone who's very interested.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's a used car dealer, not a dealership.

Mirage

Feb 23, 2014
Saw this truck earlier this week on Kijiji. It's the only Saab I'd ever buy.
Paying 2x tax then waiting for refund is a bummer.
My TB is paid off in Feb
Maybe new summer toy in the works soon if you don't scoop it up Mooseman.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I'm not sure this could be imported to the States, could it? I so want this truck.

I can no longer find it on Kijiji either

Hell, I can't find one anywhere for sale

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I know importing from the US to Canada has become a PITA. It's actually the exporting from the US that's become difficult unless you run across the border without the paperwork from US Customs. Canada will allow it in as they don't care about US Customs, just as long as I pay the tax on import. Only thing though is that it could get seized if I drive it in the US. I did that with a snowmobile I bought in NY. Didn't want to wait the 3 days so I just took it across.

@TollKeeper , you're in CO, right? That is across the entire continent. Would cost $$$ to transport.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Wonder how much it would be to ship to the States, and if there is an import tax.

Is the speedometer going to switch to mpg when I select it in the info center?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Speedo is analog so it has both with Kmh predominant with MPH smaller on the inside. You should have the same reversed on your speedo. The odo will switch to miles as well as F for the interior temp display. The other gauges are stuck on metric. Even the gas gauge doesn't say E ½ F but uses circle symbols.

There's maybe another reason why it's cheap is that it may have been driven in winter so it could be rusty underside. Another possibility is that it could have been in a crash. Quebec is famous (or infamous) for rebuilding wrecks as their system doesn't do rebranding. Once it passes safety, it's just licensed. No tracking of branding.

There's gotta be a reason why it hasn't sold yet.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I'm just trying to find an Aero. Don't want a Trailblazer.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Yep, I tried that. There's a couple there, 140k miles for 14g? I think not

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I'm just trying to find an Aero. Don't want a Trailblazer.

I happened to run across an 9-7x on my way to work today (a couple miles from my home, parked on the owner's property). It was still there on the way home, so I stopped by to take a look.

It's an '05 with 120K miles - and they want $2900 for it.
Silver w/ black leather (which looks to still be in good condition, from what I can see.) Hood has one rust spot about the size of a silver dollar, near the front lip on the passenger side (common, from what I recall reading here). There's a small dent in one rear quarter (near the window), and the bumper cover on that same side has some scrapes. All in all, not a bad looking vehicle for the price, I thought, and the mileage isn't terrible.

Only 'problem', from reading your prior posts, is that you're looking for a SWB V8 - and this one has the 4.2, sadly. At least it's a US market vehicle. :yes:

If you or anyone else is interested, let me know - I can check it out in more detail. I also took a pic w/ my phone and can post it here if desired (just one for now)

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That hood is thrash. Trust me, it's done for. And no replacements except possibly from Sweden at $600+ (No, I'm not kidding).

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Still seems weird that of all the sheet metal that was made for this platform right here in the states, they decided to make the Saab's hood over in Sweden. Like, why?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
That was good information on the demise of Saab, funny now that I see their logo I can't help but, think that they were sticking their tongue out at GM, and rightfully so.
images.jpg

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
They tried to resist GM's usual rebadging bullshit and eventually succumbed. They paid with their souls and the Saab name and now they're gone. They are now cursed since anyone that buys them goes bankrupt.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
CRAP!...I just bought the Saab Co. before you wrote that.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Bow_Tied
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls