2006 aftermarket radio installed but no sound.

larryo587

Original poster
Mar 7, 2015
I have a 2006 gmc Sierra. It has boss speakers and onstar.dude at best buy said I needed gmos-1 wiring harness. I installed it as per instructions. The deck comes on but no sound. Any help would be appreciated.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Bose speakers? Bose systems usually have a separate amp that needs to be turned on.

larryo587

Original poster
Mar 7, 2015
Yeah bose speakers. It get turned on through the h24 pin plug right. Does the blue remote wire turn on the bose amp. I thought that's only for aftermarket amps. Still no sound when I connect it either.

jeffro312

Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
i think you have wrong gmos i did some googling for you and i came across this to bypass bose

take a look into Axxess GMOS-04 Class II Onstar Interface wiring harness

i could be wrong...also the bose amps dont get turned on with a remote wire it needs a 12v power signal...... also the bose stock radios didnt output full signal to amp to be amplified. basically just sent low level rca signal to amp which then amplified that to output regular speaker wire to your speakers..... do some googling you may have to find the right power wire on amp and get that to power on when turning key.... or run wires from new head unit to new speakers try gmos 4 though ive read that it bypass's bose amp etc gl

dont take my word for it ive had bose exp in a nissan pathfinder and i just spent ten minutes googling some things for you this is my assumptions what i would do if i were u

danj

Sep 29, 2014
There is an extra wire for the amplifier. I think it's green (last one I did anyway). You have to hook it to the ignition power (red wire) and everything should come on after a second when you turn the key on.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That GMOS-01 is wrong for the Bose system. You need the GMOS-04. It will also take care of supplying the power to turn on the amp. And even if you were to supply power to turn on the amp, it still won't work because the way the radio connects to the amp is different that the GMOS-01 can't handle (low level input).

Reactions: Sib

gmc4flash

Mar 25, 2015
+1 for gmos-04... I am about to put a pioneer in my 03 avalance and that is what crutchfield sold me for it. (that and an aswc-1 for the radio controls on the steering wheel) I am currently looking for the best place to hook up the reverse wire from the radio for the backup camera... looks like it should be available on the rear fuse block... wherever that is. did not know the truck had a rear fuseblock!

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
When I installed my Pioneer Avic D3 with the Bose system, I had a total dumb attack...had no sound. I did everything right, it was late, I pulled the head unit a few times to go over everything again, browsed the web to figure it out...you name it.

I forgot to connect the speaker wires. :blinkhuh: :duh:

Wasn't a simple plug and play and I had the module for the steering wheel control, the factory connections....but I still needed to seperately connect all 8 speaker ( +&-) leads.

I can't count how many stereos I've installed in my day, can't believe I overlooked this.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I just put in a PAC RP4-GM11 to replace the GMOS-04. Thought that the GMOS-04 was causing noises, turns out it's the HU itself. Anyway, this seems to be a very good interface and includes the steering wheel controls built in so no separate module required. My only complaint about it is the chimes are produced by a loud tinny annoying speaker built into the interface itself and is not adjustable. The GMOS sends the sound through the radio speakers and are adjustable.

gmc4flash

Mar 25, 2015
I used the rp4-gm11 on my sons envoy, worked very well and was easy except it would not do one of the buttons on the steering wheel... Crutchfields answer was the sterring wheel switch might not have the correct resistance... Crutchfield sold me the gmos04 for my avalance and the axxess01 for the steering wheel controls... said the all in one pac would not work on it. In any case everything is working great in may avalanche... also it is the blue/white wire for remote power on of the bose amp.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online