2005 cadillac dts 4.6 can I ask a question about this type of vehicle?

san

Original poster
Mar 21, 2014
My 2005 cadillac is missing, especially when sitting at a red light, it jumps and acts like it might die? Have replaced all spark plugs and had a new coil pack put on and it still is missing? Can you advise me as to what to do? Stumped!

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Drumroll for Roadie.... :rotfl:

Ever clean the throttle body?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome. You can certainly ask, but we're not experts on that engine. I assume you have a code like P030X where X points to the cylinder the PCM thinks has a misfire? I would search for a Caddy-specific forum. I see cadillacforums.com claims to be a big one, but they're owned by Vertical Scope, the greedy Toronto company who bought and ruined our old hangout, Trailvoy. Sneaky VS is even trying to conceal their ownership of cadillacforums.com. They also own Cadillac-ELR.com, CadillacATSForum.com, CadillacOwners.com. Sigh. I would shun them, but that's just me.

san

Original poster
Mar 21, 2014
Playsinsnow said:
Drumroll for Roadie.... :rotfl:

Ever clean the throttle body?

No, but will give it a try. Thanks
Will let you know if that works.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
The_Roadie said:
Sneaky VS is even trying to conceal their ownership of cadillacforums.com.

WOW! It looked legit until I saw that autoguide.com was an admin. That was slick.:eek:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I think I will try to sign up with Autoguide.com as my user name.:undecided:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
MAY03LT said:
WOW! It looked legit until I saw that autoguide.com was an admin. That was slick.:eek:
I always do a "whois" data base lookup. That would catch them even if they used another layer of stealth. That forum even has regular presence by the USELESS Cadillac Cust Svc social media flacks. One sample of their mouth-breathing platitude-spouting uselessness:
2 days out of CPO and I have to Pay for a new diff are you serious

Vertical Scope has poisoned their reputation to the point they're ashamed to put their names on the forums they've Borged. Tells a lot.

Of course, it was instantly obvious by the line of ads down the right side that they were owned by somebody scummy, either Vertical Scope or Internet Brands. :mad:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online