2004 I6 in 2002 LTZ

Cward

Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
Ok spun a bearing in my 02 LTZ, bought a 2004 I6. I know this has been discussed multiple times but I'd like to make sure. What are all the changes I need to make to the 04motor. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks chad

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Cward said:
Ok spun a bearing in my 02 LTZ, bought a 2004 I6. I know this has been discussed multiple times but I'd like to make sure. What are all the changes I need to make to the 04motor. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks chad

Hey, yo, it's the guy who sold me my spark plugs! :thumbsup: :raspberry:

I'll see what I can dig up. If I can dig up limequat he can tell you all the PCM wiring differences. I know the 2002 motor is the only one that came with an oil level sensor, so there'd need to be a delete on that wiring... let me see if I can get anything else pulled up.

Cward

Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
IllogicTC said:

I'll see what I can dig up. If I can dig up limequat he can tell you all the PCM wiring differences. I know the 2002 motor is the only one that came with an oil level sensor, so there'd need to be a delete on that wiring... let me see if I can get anything else pulled up.

Yeah same guy lol

- - - Updated - - -

IllogicTC said:

Yeah same guy lol fuel rail??

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Oil level sensor like mentioned before.

SAIS system is likely present on the 2004 motor. There'd be a valve mounted above the exhaust manifold where a blanking plate is present on your 2002 motor. I'm not sure if you can use the 2002 PCM on the 04 motor. If not, you can get the p0410 code shut off via PCMofNC or HPTuners tuning, and just reuse the blanking plate.

Cward

Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
IllogicTC said:
Oil level sensor like mentioned before.

SAIS system is likely present on the 2004 motor. There'd be a valve mounted above the exhaust manifold where a blanking plate is present on your 2002 motor. I'm not sure if you can use the 2002 PCM on the 04 motor. If not, you can get the p0410 code shut off via PCMofNC or HPTuners tuning, and just reuse the blanking plate.

Text me 717-372-9222

- - - Updated - - -

Any other advise out there

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
I had a shop do the same swap for me. They told me they "forgot" to put the oil level sensor back in. Perhaps there wasn't a place for it to go! As I recall, the only extra parts I paid for was a new serpentine belt.

Jared

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online