2003 Envoy - Right speakers stop and come back at times

lschafroth

Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
I need to know if it is my Radio head unit or the amplifier. There is no sound from the right speakers. You can hear some high pitched sounds but no mid or deep base at all.
It rarely works. Sometimes it will just start playing both Left and Right and lasts for a day or so and stops.

I've removed the stereo and checked all connections and cannot see anything obvious. I dont want to buy a new stereo to find out its the amp. In fact I've never found out where the amp actually resides in this truck. I hear its behind the panel in the back passenger side but I cannot see any way to remove that panel.

Thoughts??

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Whether you have an amp or not depends on whether you have Bose or not. If you're not entirely sure, open your glove box. In there will be a list of codes on the inside of the lid. If "UQA" is on there, you have an amp.

Also, do you have the rear seat audio package? Where people can plug in headphones in the back? There's literally an assortment of wiring diagrams for radio options on these things so I'm trying to narrow it down.

lschafroth

Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
IllogicTC said:
Whether you have an amp or not depends on whether you have Bose or not. If you're not entirely sure, open your glove box. In there will be a list of codes on the inside of the lid. If "UQA" is on there, you have an amp.

Also, do you have the rear seat audio package? Where people can plug in headphones in the back? There's literally an assortment of wiring diagrams for radio options on these things so I'm trying to narrow it down.

It does have the audio setup in the back seat. The stereo does not say Bose anywhere on it. I will check the codes tomorrow.
thanks for the quick response!

lschafroth

Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
IllogicTC said:

It does not list the UQA anywhere in the list so I can assume all I need to replace is the head unit? Are there issues with security codes or anything if I get a used one from a salvage yard or on ebay?

Lannie

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.