2003 chevy silverado 1500 5.3L V8 LS 4l60E transmission

war3773

Original poster
Aug 11, 2023
el paso
I have this issue where I have tried several things to get rid of some codes. And I already change multiple solenoids. The codes it gives me are P0740, P0753, P0758, P0785, P1860, P0740 again, P0753 again, P0758 again, P0785 again, P1860 again. I don't know why it repeats but it does. I don't know if it has something to do with it. I changed all the solenoids first and it did nothing plus transmission fluid and put it back together the first time. Then I did the harness for them and when I put it all back together the second time it worked for a good while and it shift properly and then it gave me some other codes before it went back to these same codes, P0740, P0785, P1860 . I erased them then to see if they came back and they haven't so far but those previous codes came back and went into limp mode again but before it went into limp mode it game me a warning that it detected high rpms and it went into limp mode. The parking works good, the neutral too, and reverse work great, but when I put it in drive its stuck in I think 3rd cause when I go to 3rd gear it does nothing but when I go to second it shifts. I almost forgot that when I removed the old wiring harness in the connector it had transmission fluid I'm not sure if it did it again. I don't think so since its new but I haven't checked it. I don't know what to do anymore other than to take it to a mechanic who I don't want to do since its expensive. Any questions please ask Ill try to respond ASAP.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Download, Save and Follow the Electro - Mechanical Diagnostic Methods found in this PDF Manual created by the ATSG Group for 4L60E (65E, 70E, 80E, 85E) OBD2 Diagnostic Codes. Also... Clusters of Transmission Codes occasionally involve a Failing, Mis-Installed or Misaligned Steering Column Ignition Switch Internal Plastic Gear or even a loose or improperly adjusted Park Neutral Switch (PNS).

Attachments

• 4L60E_80E_CODE_BOOK.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Go here and look for the threads that talk about multiple codes. There are like five threads about the subject.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online