2 quarts of oil, no big symptoms and no leaks?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Gerbil21 said:
OK sorry i didn't post an update but we took it to a shop and there going to do it for $650 he's also getting the same engine we found for $750 with 74k but he's charging $1100 but he's giving a year warranty on the engine and labor so it comes out good.

We are going to pass by there soon and check up on how's it going and also see if there's a core charge on the engine but he said that he doesn't think so. If there isn't a core charge then well be bringing the the engine back home and tearing it down.

We did plan on removing the engine ourselves but with low tempatures and strong winds it wasn't going to be easy
I hear you on working in the cold. Almost brought my stuff to jiffy lube a couple of weeks ago and have them change the oil. Working for any period of time in 10 degree weather is horrible. So if i'm correct, its $1100 total and you get a 1 year warranty?

Gerbil21

Original poster
May 28, 2014
littleblazer said:
I hear you on working in the cold. Almost brought my stuff to jiffy lube a couple of weeks ago and have them change the oil. Working for any period of time in 10 degree weather is horrible. So if i'm correct, its $1100 total and you get a 1 year warranty?
Yea tell me about it and then you get strong winds that make it feel so much worse.

Also no it came out to $1800 total which is $350 more that if we brought the engine to him. But we get that year warranty and we don't have to work in the cold

Reactions: littleblazer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online