Driver Rear 36"
Passenger Front 35.5"
Passenger Rear 36"

Total Lift:

Driver Front 3"
Driver Rear 2"
Passenger Front 3"
Passenger Rear 2"

I love the kit. Mark made a great kit. I did have to shave down the rear spacer because the spring would not fit in. It drives great! Took it on the beach and runs perfect nice and smooth. I highly recommend!

Attachments

• Before1.jpg
    Before1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 43
  • After1.jpg
    After1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Before2.jpg
    Before2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 60
  • After2.jpg
    After2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 58

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Looking good! :thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Looks good. What do you mean you had to shave the rear down because the springs wouldn't fit? I don't think any of the rest of us had to shave anything down... We just squeezed them in. A bunch of us have taller then stock springs.

c0a8l0v6i8n9

Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
djthumper said:
Looks good. What do you mean you had to shave the rear down because the springs wouldn't fit? I don't think any of the rest of us had to shave anything down... We just squeezed them in. A bunch of us have taller then stock springs.

Where the bottom of the spring is supposed to slide onto the spacer. I could not get the spring flush onto the spacer. It sat on the lip of the spacer. I took a grinder and ground it down so the spring would fully rest on the spacer.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
That seems a little odd. Did you happen to take any pics of it?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Here's a picture from one of my first lift setups. The little tail on the coil spring was curled in to a smaller diameter opening than the Suspensionmaxx aluminum casting. I had to slice off a bit of the small central part of the casting to get the spring to fit down over it.

rear-final.JPG

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
I'd LOVE to install a 2.5" lift on my Envoy, but I'd like to see a video of the installation first just so I know what I'm getting into.

Some say "easy", but I've had two major back surgeries and about 15 shots (epidurals) over the years. Friggen' oil changes are sometimes difficult for me. One good thing that came of it is that I'm really good at predicting the weather now :wink:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Roadie is correct. I would call it easy, but I've done quite a few and my back is in working order. Having said that, I'm only a little more than a hour from Philly and I'm going to be opening a shop in the next couple months. More than willing to help out a fellow member.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
the roadie said:
Here's a picture from one of my first lift setups. The little tail on the coil spring was curled in to a smaller diameter opening than the Suspensionmaxx aluminum casting. I had to slice off a bit of the small central part of the casting to get the spring to fit down over it.

rear-final.JPG

That is what I was wondering if it may be what he is talking about. Mine was fairly snug from what I remember.

hockeyman said:
I'd LOVE to install a 2.5" lift on my Envoy, but I'd like to see a video of the installation first just so I know what I'm getting into.

Some say "easy", but I've had two major back surgeries and about 15 shots (epidurals) over the years. Friggen' oil changes are sometimes difficult for me. One good thing that came of it is that I'm really good at predicting the weather now :wink:

I would not call it easy for a person in your position. Smitty's offer is a good one and there are a few people down in your area that could possibly help as well.

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
smitty5150 said:
Roadie is correct. I would call it easy, but I've done quite a few and my back is in working order. Having said that, I'm only a little more than a hour from Philly and I'm going to be opening a shop in the next couple months. More than willing to help out a fellow member.

If you don't mind, please email me once you get your shop up and running and please give me a roundabout idea of what it's going to cost. I was thinking of a 2.5" kit installed before the winter, but I have no problem waiting until next year too. Also, I do not want to modify the stock suspension -unless it's a part that's needed. My Envoy is my beater-vehicle and I seriously do not want to dump tons of dough into it.

That being said, thank you for your offer and I look forward to meeting you! :biggrin:

My email:
pomarco331b[at]aol.com

Thanks again!!!!

c0a8l0v6i8n9

Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
djthumper said:
Thats what I was wondering if it may be what he is talking about. Mine was fairly snug from what I remember.

I would not call it easy for a person in your position. Smitty's offer is a good one and there are a few people down in your area that could possibly help as well.

That was my problem. Same as the roadie.

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
djthumper said:

I wanted to add that I still do wok on all of my vehicles, it just takes me longer than the normal person. I replaced the rear coil springs on my Envoy back in June, and I washed/waxed it yesterday.
Although, after many hours of doing whatever to it, I usually complete my day with meds...and maybe a beer or two
messed.gif

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online