07 trailblazer idle relearn crankshaft relearn

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
An 2007 trailblazer I'm having an issue with. It needs idle reset and crankshaft relearn My friend bought it from an auction. When I looked under the hood the PCM and throttle body had been replaced with brand new from previous owner. I knew this would be a problem. Previous mechanics also went through the Underwood wiring. I flashed the computer and still no change. There is an aftermarket radio installed but I removed the fuse. I have an code for the air pump as well. It has a bad misfire seems like. I can't get it to idle relearn to do an crankshaft relearn. May be the wiring some where because now another throttle body code has come up alongside the idle relearn. Also is this an factory plug?20231230_142359.jpg

Attachments

• 20231230_142418.jpg
    20231230_142418.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 5

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Here is an list of codes. They come right back instantly after clearing them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231230_144006_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20231230_144006_Torque.jpg
    689.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
THAT Black Plastic Plug is the Central Ground Junction Point for the Class 2 Network System (Single Wire Network Ground)

DMMSPLICEPACKDIAGS1.jpgLATEMODELSPLICEPACK1.jpgLATEMODELSPLICEPACK2.jpgPICOSCOPECLASS2NETGOESHIGH.jpgPICOSCOPECLASS2NETGOESNORMAL.jpg

@MAY03LT Covers this quite nicely on the importance of this G201 - SP201 (Splice Pack)

The rest of these issues may be Answered over HERE:

Last edited:
Reactions: warriorpluto

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
THAT Black Plastic Plug is the Central Ground Junction Point for the Class 2 Network System (Single Wire Network Ground)

A clarification here...

SP201/G201 is a major ground point for many in dash systems, including the HVAC module. However, its only connection to the Class 2 data system is to provide a ground point for a scantool.

It is not at all needed for the Class 2 network to function normally.

Without a scantool plugged into the data link connector that wire from G201 to the DLC (data link connector) goes no further. That ground wire from SP/G201 to the DLC is solely to provide a ground for a scantool.

Now then, for a scantool, at the DLC there is a second ground wire and that goes to G102, on the inner fender, under the hood near the fuseblock.

The scanners I have used join both grounds together at the DLC so either one can possibly provide a ground path for a scantool.

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
A clarification here...

SP201/G201 is a major ground point for many in dash systems, including the HVAC module. However, its only connection to the Class 2 data system is to provide a ground point for a scantool.

It is not at all needed for the Class 2 network to function normally.

Without a scantool plugged into the data link connector that wire from G201 to the DLC (data link connector) goes no further. That ground wire from SP/G201 to the DLC is solely to provide a ground for a scantool.

Now then, for a scantool, at the DLC there is a second ground wire and that goes to G102, on the inner fender, under the hood near the fuseblock.

The scanners I have used join both grounds together at the DLC so either one can possibly provide a ground path for a scantool.
Thanks for the explanation. I thought it was an aftermarket connection.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online