06 TB 4.2 stalling while braking..

Texan

Jan 14, 2014
Hello Jeff. Good to hear from you.
Yes that was one of the threads about oil problems.
KW is a oil flush product sold at parts stores. MMO is "Marvel Mystery Oil" also sold
at the parts stores. I would be tempted to try one or the other. Good luck.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
jeffrobinson said:
I think this may be the thread you mention:
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/10390-dreaded-knock-sound-is-starting/page-2?hl=flush

Sounds interesting, and as often as I'm changing the oil..easy. I'll give it a try and update. They also mention a product called "MMO". What is that?
Marvel Mystery Oil. Found for a few bucks at Wal-Mart and pretty much any parts store, heck I think some Family Dollar stores even carry it. It's in a red bottle. I myself can't speak one way or the other on its overall quality or if it works well with our motors.

jeffrobinson

Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Well gentleman, I gave up. Traded the Trailblazer in on a 2012 Traverse LS with 23K miles for 19K. We shopped long and hard. I couldnt bring myself to buy a foreign model even though ratings said I should. The Traverse has a 3.6L. Overweight and under powered. And front wheel drive. Three rows of seating. A minivan with a front end. All that said, it has consumer reports approval. They use little circles for all the catagories they test in. All red for great, all black for terrible. The 2012 Traverse had no black circles, or even half black ones. A plain white (average) here and there, but mostly part red. This was almost the only American made suv with no black. At least the only one under 40K. In retrospect, the whole experience was sickening. My gut reaction calls for a 5K tariff on on any vehicles purchased from an overseas manufacturers, but that wouldnt fix the problem. It's easy to blame the unions, for obvious reasons. Even the idea of six figure pensions for high school grads is stupid.I love my country, and I know we can do better. I think the answer lies in incentives. Lower taxes on manufacturers who pay more to employees. Start there, then tackle the EPA and CAFE standards after that....

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
We always hate to hear of somebody forced into another vehicle, but whatever fits your needs is the right thing for you to do.

Make sure you leave a note in it (if it's not too late) to lead the subsequent owner to a marvelous support forum at trailvoy.com, owned by a wonderful philanthropic organization out of Toronto. :rotfl:

I always worry about new owners of lemons wanting to pick up the diagnostic work, and they need even more help because they got the truck cheaply and they're even less able ti invest in repairs than the previous owner. :eek:

Texan

Jan 14, 2014
Hello Jeff. We must think alike. I agree with every thing you said. My nephew down in south Texas
passed his 04 TB LTZ down to his HS senior daughter and now has a 2013 Traverse, that he is very
happy with. If I were to buy a new vehicle today, it would be a Tahoe, but I want a new TB.
Stay in touch, I think there is a thread for the Traverse.

jeffrobinson

Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Thanks guys. Especially you Texan. :thumbsup: Yall here are what brotherood is all about. Sharing wisdom that only experience can provide. I will do the same as I venture on. I learned one thing for sure here, clean your throttlebody!! And I leave yall with a little wisdom I read on the wall at a 7-11, "Never sweat the petty stuff, when you can pet the sweaty stuff."
Now I am contemplating pulling out the car audio gear I acquired in the late 90's. An Alpine deck (preamp only, high end unit), a Kenwood in-dash half din crossover, the full range amps (Kenwood 4 ch, Pioneer 2 and 4 ch versions), the big boy Clarion 1000 watt sub amp, and a pair of Phoenix Gold TI-15D 15in subs. Why not, I'm gonna be in the Traverse for the next 150K miles, right? The Traverse factory alt is 160 amps, anybody know what the vehicle draw is?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online