03 TB no crank or start

Ta400guy

Original poster
May 28, 2023
Asheville N.C
Pulled into Lowe’s today to do some shopping. Came back outside to my 2003 trailblazer 6 cylinder and went to start it and nothing clicked a few time from the starter so I hooked a jump pack to it and nothing. I unhooked the battery for a while and hooked it back up and tried it again and it clicked and a little puff of smoke came from the starter and it did nothing after that. So I walked to a advance bought a new starter and still nothing. Now the gauges are jumping around and if you continue to try and start it it will crank randomly but won’t start. So far I’ve checked the splice pack ground in the passenger footwell and it’s nice and clean. All other functions still work on the car. All lights radio hvac windows but the shifter lock won’t work at all. Any help I’d greatly appreciate as I’m currently stranded in it in the parking lot.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Ta400guy

Original poster
May 28, 2023
Asheville N.C
Pulled into Lowe’s today to do some shopping. Came back outside to my 2003 trailblazer 6 cylinder and went to start it and nothing clicked a few time from the starter so I hooked a jump pack to it and nothing. I unhooked the battery for a while and hooked it back up and tried it again and it clicked and a little puff of smoke came from the starter and it did nothing after that. So I walked to a advance bought a new starter and still nothing. Now the gauges are jumping around and if you continue to try and start it it will crank randomly but won’t start. So far I’ve checked the splice pack ground in the passenger footwell and it’s nice and clean. All other functions still work on the car. All lights radio hvac windows but the shifter lock won’t work at all. Any help I’d greatly appreciate as I’m currently stranded in it in the parking lot.
I figured it out. It was a faulty ignition switch. I pulled the bottom cover of the steering column and tapped on it and it fired up and drove home like normal.

• Love
Reactions: Mooseman and mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation...

• Haha
Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads