03 TB ext grill bow Tie restore

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
How do I remove the bowtie off the front grill ? I want to paint it white...the cross member part is black(dislike chrome).

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Believe it was an 8 or 10mm nut holding it in on back of grill cross bar. Take the grill off and unscrew from behind. Don't break the crossbar clips on the headlights! 2mins off.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Playsinsnow said:
Believe it was an 8 or 10mm nut holding it in on back of grill cross bar. Take the grill off and unscrew from behind. Don't break the crossbar clips on the headlights! 2mins off.

I have had the grill out many times. In the beginning I just used krylon black paint on the chrome crossbar and bow tie (big mistake) it chipped etc...so used plast-e-dip spray and redid it and hasn't chipped at all for a good 6-7 months now. Thanks for the warning on the clips. My plan is to paint the bowtie white to match the rest of the truck :wink:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Some folks are crazy about vinyl overlays. Checkout motor city vinyls for some ideas.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
LS emblem must be different than the LT. Mine was held on with 3M double sided molding tape. There were two pins going into the grille for alignment purposes only. I purchased a polished emblem that came with two screws and two nuts. I would have had to drill through my grille to secure the new emblem, but decided to go with the 3M molding tape instead. Held with no issues.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
dmanns67 said:
LS emblem must be different than the LT. Mine was held on with 3M double sided molding tape. There were two pins going into the grille for alignment purposes only. I purchased a polished emblem that came with two screws and two nuts. I would have had to drill through my grille to secure the new emblem, but decided to go with the 3M molding tape instead. Held with no issues.

Yes the 06+ LT (no crossbar) grille and emblem are different.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Playsinsnow said:
Some folks are crazy about vinyl overlays. Checkout motor city vinyls for some ideas.

An excellent suggestion...

If I ever find a engine cover for cheap I'll be getting decals from there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlyatauction

Members Online

No members online now.