02 Trailblazer Grille Replacement

ncphotographer

Original poster
May 27, 2014
Is there any way to replace the grille and the long bar that extends to each headlight with something else?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If you swap to an LT or SS grille, you will also have to replace your front bumper cover, as those grilles dip down a bit, unlike our LS grilles.

Reactions: dmanns67

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
if you're replacing it because it broke, don't feel bad, a lot of us have broken the clips.... you can replace the grill/crossbar assembly for about $60-70 from ebay....

ncphotographer

Original poster
May 27, 2014
Thanks for the replies everybody......I should have been more detailed in my question.......I'm not a big fan of the crossbar.....I was hoping there was a way to replace it with something different without having to change headlights or bumpers......I like the look of the SS grille with the crossbar better.....but you're telling me if I change to that I'll have to change bumpers as well?

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
ncphotographer said:
Thanks for the replies everybody......I should have been more detailed in my question.......I'm not a big fan of the crossbar.....I was hoping there was a way to replace it with something different without having to change headlights or bumpers......I like the look of the SS grille with the crossbar better.....but you're telling me if I change to that I'll have to change bumpers as well?
Yes you will need to upgrade your bumper. you can do ss or 2007 up front bumper. the LT's look good.

ncphotographer

Original poster
May 27, 2014
OK please forgive my stupidity and understanding what probably is the obvious.....but if I want my 02 Trailblazer EXT LT to look like this in the front I'll have to get a new bumper? Does the grille and crossbar come with the bumper or is everything separate? Sorry if I'm being annoying!!

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You won't HAVE to change your headlights, but you will have those holes in them where the crossbar mounted, and the clip points exposed.

LgVhwl.jpg

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
ncphotographer said:
Very nice!!!! So just to be clear........a 07 Trailblazer LT bumper will fit my 02 Trailblazer EXT LT exactly......and I won't have to change my headlights?
That is correct, I wasn't 100% sure about the bumper support, but according to my research it will bolt directly on.

07 LT Bumper
06-09 SS Grill

And since yours is an LT you should just be able to plug and play the fog lights as well.

Done Deal :thumbsup:

combatspace

Aug 6, 2014
I know this is kinda an old thread but I wanted to clarify something. I have an '02 TB LS and I'd like to change the front out to an envoy front end. So to clarify, all I would need is a later model bumper cover, headlights (was going to change these anyway) and the envoy grille? Also, does the envoy grille come with the GMC logo molded in or is something that bolts to it? Thanks guys!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
combatspace said:
I know this is kinda an old thread but I wanted to clarify something. I have an '02 TB LS and I'd like to change the front out to an envoy front end. So to clarify, all I would need is a later model bumper cover, headlights (was going to change these anyway) and the envoy grille? Also, does the envoy grille come with the GMC logo molded in or is something that bolts to it? Thanks guys!
And also Envoy front fenders (the body lines around the headlight are different) as well as the Envoy hood, since the center section over the grille juts out some. I'm not sure about the header panel, that the headlights clip onto, that may also be different.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmaxdob

Members Online