I only got one key and key fob with the 2003 Envoy SLT I just bought. I bought another off ebay (GM15008009). Has anyone ever programed on of these and can I program it using the following instructions?
You may program up to 4 transmitters, using either of the 2 following
Method 1 - No Tools Required
1. Close all the vehicle doors.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle
the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to
confirm the program mode.
6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button
simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15
seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of
7. Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the
keyless entry transmitter mode.
9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct
Method 2 - Scan Tool Required
1. Install a scan tool.
2. Turn the ignition ON, with the engine OFF.
3. Use the scan tool in order to access the Lift Gate Module (LGM)
Special Function: Program Key Fobs menu.
4. Follow the directions on the scan tool in order to program the
5. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct
Thanks for any help you can provide.